Is out 3 at -10dBV or +4dBu?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, is out 3 at -10dBV or +4dBu?

I have out 3 copy input 1 switched ON to give me an analogue re-amp feed for later on. It is running into a UAD Apollo 16 mk II via a line in over D-Sub. This line level can be changed to either -10dBV or +4dBu.

Which should I set it to for my re-amp feed from Axe Fx 3?

Thanks.

Neither. If you turn the Output 3 Level knob on the front panel all the way up you'll get a buffered copy of your guitar's signal. Instrument level is neither -10 or +4. It's instrument level. However for your purposes -10 will probably work best.

-10 dBV is a nominal peak level of around 0.5V. Equipment is usually designed to have headroom of 12 to 18 dB. That infers the max peak level would be 2 to 4 V which is sufficient for a typical guitar. Some guitars have really hot pickups which may require +4.

Neither. If you turn the Output 3 Level knob on the front panel all the way up you'll get a buffered copy of your guitar's signal. Instrument level is neither -10 or +4. It's instrument level. However for your purposes -10 will probably work best.

-10 dBV is a nominal peak level of around 0.5V. Equipment is usually designed to have headroom of 12 to 18 dB. That infers the max peak level would be 2 to 4 V which is sufficient for a typical guitar. Some guitars have really hot pickups which may require +4.

Thanks for that, I had the 3 output knob all the way up to record the dry track.

I should on re-amping route the 'dry' track back to the 'instr' in on front or rear and not 2,3 or 4 inputs correct?

Thanks again for the speedy reply.

Back
Top Bottom