Is my front input broken or am I a dolt?

ColoradoEd

Just bought a used Ultra. I can't seem to get the front input to work. If I change the I/O to rear input, everything works fine. Is there something else I need to do to get the front input to work?

PS Very intimated by this beast.

I had to replace the front jack on my Standard once. The threading was weird on it, and I couldn't tighten the jack all the way. I got the replacement from Fractal. At any rate, there wasn't any soldering involved. It was just a small plug that plugged right into the circuit board. It may not be a bad idea just to pop it open and make sure that the cable is plugged in all the way. Maybe it got loose during shipping?

I bet it's a loose connection. Just do as Fro said, pop the unit open and reconnect the input plug to the mainboard. it seems that occasionally it happens to some of the units.

Just the fan connection lead - the fan is mounted on the lid - so lift it gently so you don't rip the connector out of the board.

Also, use a proper fitting screwdriver in the lid screws - the heads can be quite soft and could strip on you.

Back
Top Bottom