Is my cpu usage too high?

frankiev

Experienced
After I updated to 5.0 it seems my cpu usage has gone up . Im not 100% sure its high since I didnt really check it very closley before. Could someone verify the cpu usage on preset 38 so I can put my mind at ease . Mines at 75% .

I understand ,however I saw a post where someone put 2 full rows of effects and had some cpu room still left . Preset 38 has a single rrow . Can someone please verify on thier Axe2 running 5.0 that preset 38 is at 75%

I understand ,however I saw a post where someone put 2 full rows of effects and had some cpu room still left . Preset 38 has a single rrow . Can someone please verify on thier Axe2 running 5.0 that preset 38 is at 75%

Mine is at 43% (I checked both presets 37 (FAS Modern) and 38 (Das Metal) in case of Display Offset 0 or 1)

Last edited:
A few things increase CPU usage. Among others: an USB connection and moving expression pedals.

A few things increase CPU usage. Among others: an USB connection and moving expression pedals.

Yes; I'm aware of that. I have a USB-cable connected and did not move any expression-pedal(s). But it's hard to believe that the difference is (43 - 25 =) 18%?!! (in case RichHowe does not have a USB-cable connected and/or expression-pedal(s)) and I am not even mentioning the difference between frankiev and me (or RichHowe).

Last edited:
No USB connected. My offset is set to 1 so I double checked both FAS Modern and Das Metal and they were both the same.

Last edited:
my preset 38 is ods 100 lead could you please check that one mines at 72% . das metal is preset 37 and is at at 41%

Last edited:
You may want to try resetting first in case something is out of whack. I don't know how many changes you've made so I don't know how much work it is for you to put all of your settings back after you reset.

No USB connected. My offset is set to 1 so I double checked both FAS Modern and Das Metal and they were both the same.

Yes; they were both the same regarding my presets (at 43%). Without USB it's 41,1%. It still does not explain how your Axe-Fx and mine have such a difference in CPU-utilization?

Last edited:
I just remembered I play through a cabinet so I have the cabs off in the Global menu (not sure if they still take CPU or not) and also both spillovers turned on.

I did notice a custom JCM preset was taking 80% of mine. I didn't check earlier but I think I did see like 72% at one point way back in 3.0, might not be same preset. I will check #38 tomorrow.

I just remembered I play through a cabinet so I have the cabs off in the Global menu (not sure if they still take CPU or not) and also both spillovers turned on.

Global cab sim. on/off makes a LOT of different regarding CPU.

Ive only had the axe2 for a few days no real changes done . Your talking about" reset parameters "correct . Would you please check your preset 39 which is ods 100 lead
TX

I went back and turned the cabs on and CPU went up to 41.5% for FAS Modern and Das Metal. ODS-100 Lead was around 72.5% with cabs on.

I'm referring to Utility->Reset System.

Back
Top Bottom