Is Mission Engineering gone?

Technicians are not working this weekend, but I went to the shop to track down Merlin17's order. Turns out to be a component issue with the little XPB-R mini pedal. The toggle switch we use on those we can ony get from one vendor and they have a really long lead time, which put this on backorder. I'm not sure what the email issue was that you never got the update. Anyway, I rearranged a few orders so that we can ship your complete order on Monday. You are P.1 on the priority list. Sorry for any inconvenience. James.

Hey - how is that for stellar service! Nice to see first class attention to detail and customer support in action. :D

Ordered my EP-1 with spring a couple of weeks ago and it arrived a few days ago despite the move and extra workload so credit where its due!!! :D
I already have an SP-1 but i'm dedicating this pedal simply to Wah/Whammy and its just fantastic, using the auto-engage i think its a much better pedal
for Pitch/Wah without the switch being there..obviously limited to it uses, but excellent for my needs!! :D

mark_melling said:
Ordered my EP-1 with spring a couple of weeks ago and it arrived a few days ago despite the move and extra workload so credit where its due!!! :D
I already have an SP-1 but i'm dedicating this pedal simply to Wah/Whammy and its just fantastic, using the auto-engage i think its a much better pedal
for Pitch/Wah without the switch being there..obviously limited to it uses, but excellent for my needs!! :D

Hmmm, I keep hearing about this spring thing. I ordered an SP-1 but didn't make it spring-loaded. Now I'm wondering if that will be a real issue and if it's too late.

BTW, I love ordering from companies like Mission Engineering. I'll even pay extra money for the service (it's the reason why I ordered from Gordius rather than some of its competitors who seem to be avoiding customers these days).

hoth said:
mark_melling said:

Hmmm, I keep hearing about this spring thing. I ordered an SP-1 but didn't make it spring-loaded. Now I'm wondering if that will be a real issue and if it's too late.

BTW, I love ordering from companies like Mission Engineering. I'll even pay extra money for the service (it's the reason why I ordered from Gordius rather than some of its competitors who seem to be avoiding customers these days).

If you email before the pedal as been sent and its an non R pedal then i'm sure it wont be a problem, its a very simple add on only but honestly for Wah/Pitch its awesome i really like it!!

I'm thinkng of an EP-1 with the spring option dedicated for wah ( as so many suggest ).. I'm also thinking of a non-spring loaded pedal for an additional effect or dedicated volume. Can anyone clarify this model ( EP-1 no spring ) would still be the way to go. Also - if I'm running two effects/amp chains would I need two volume pedals or is there a way to control stereo volume with one pedal. Asked another way - WIll I ultimately end up with four pedals ( L/R Volume, 1 dedicated wah and 1 dedicated effect ) assuming I don't want the switch option on any pedal and if so - will the EP-1 work universally? Thanks... FNG.

TylerDurden said:
I'm thinkng of an EP-1 with the spring option dedicated for wah ( as so many suggest ).. I'm also thinking of a non-spring loaded pedal for an additional effect or dedicated volume. Can anyone clarify this model ( EP-1 no spring ) would still be the way to go. Also - if I'm running two effects/amp chains would I need two volume pedals or is there a way to control stereo volume with one pedal. Asked another way - WIll I ultimately end up with four pedals ( L/R Volume, 1 dedicated wah and 1 dedicated effect ) assuming I don't want the switch option on any pedal and if so - will the EP-1 work universally? Thanks... FNG.
I have EP-1 with spring for wah/whammy and EP-1 without spring for volume, works great.
And no, you don't need 2 pedals for L and R outputs, those are controllable by same CC#.
I didn't quite understand your need to use it with wah and a dedicated effect tho, what kind of effect?

Thanks for the reply.. -any effect that I wouldn't want a spring load on. I guess my ambiguous question was in regards to the EP-1 working for all my needs ( spring or not ) ; effect or volume..

TylerDurden said:
Thanks for the reply.. -any effect that I wouldn't want a spring load on. I guess my ambiguous question was in regards to the EP-1 working for all my needs ( spring or not ) ; effect or volume..

I use 4 EP-1Rs with my FX-1. One has is spring loaded and as you've heard that works great with auto-engage I use it for wah. The other 3 EP-1s... I dedicate one to volume... the other two I use depending on what is going on... for one patch it is the reverb level... for another it is the tremolo speed. For those kinds of things you obviously don't want the spring loaded option or you'll always revert to heel down when you step off the pedal.

Spring loaded is great for anything that has auto-engage. For anything else I think you DON'T want the spring so it retains whatever position you've left the pedal in.

I just ordered 2 EP-1s ( 1 spring ).. What situation would call for polarity reversal? Thanks again for taking the time to respond...

TylerDurden said:
What situation would call for polarity reversal?
Some controllers expect to see the expression pedal's pot wiper on Tip, others want to see it on Ring. It's good to have an expression pedal with a built-in switch to change polarity -- otherwise, it's "out with the soldering pencil..."

I think Mission should have their official distributor here in Europe. That would make things faster and easier for european buyers. Since MFC101 has arrived to the old continent there should be also an easy way of getting Mission pedals. I bet you, Mission, get more and more orders from here. Maybe even G66 could take up the challenge and along with Fractal and Atomic supply musicians with those fantastic and widely recommended pedals. :mrgreen:

I dont think James would mind me posting this..

We are are working on improving our shipping times. We’ve significantly speeded up our manufacturing process, but more orders at the same time used up most of that advantage. I’d definitely like to be able to get shipping down to a few days. That said, these are hand built devices with lots of custom options..and it’s impossible to do all that and ship everything same day like an off the shelf far east box. We are working with some resellers that should be able to offer the more standard products so that they get priority over custom orders in the future, and that should help a lot. Now we’ve resolved the component supply issues, reducing ship times is my top priority.

James.

Great costumer service and things are heading in the right direction!! :)

We are working with a couple of resellers to try and set something up for local supply in Europe. It's a difficult economy right now and distributors are rightly, very careful in considering when to take on new product lines. If anyone knows of a suitable European reseller that would be interested, please feel free to send them my way. James.

lebihanj said:
If anyone knows of a suitable European reseller that would be interested, please feel free to send them my way. James.

I know the best one :) G66 :) The ideal solution.

I'm disappointed, I ordered two pedals from Mission five weeks ago. I had one email two weeks ago saying they'd be shipping but haven't heard anything since and they've ignored my last three emails.

The products might be great but so far the customer service is far from :(

benson said:
I'm disappointed, I ordered two pedals from Mission five weeks ago. I had one email two weeks ago saying they'd be shipping but haven't heard anything since and they've ignored my last three emails.

The products might be great but so far the customer service is far from :(

Actually i think you will find almost all believe there costumer service is on a par with the products..i had a little difficulty
getting my first pedal shipped but the service was excellent..James has gone out of his way more than most would for me
and many others on here (emails, ext)
I obviously cant answer for the problem your having at the moment but i'm sure its something Mission are not just ignoring.
I do know they have alot going on at the moment..but long term you'll be glad you ordered the mission pedals!! :)

Back
Top Bottom