Is it worth to trade a Suhr Modern Satin Natural for a Suhr Reb Beach?

Piing

Axe-Master
I will go to see the Reb Beach on Tuesday, and I will carry my ModernSatin. The reason I am interested is because I would prefer a Floyd Rose

My Suhr is in excellent condition, while this Reb Beach hardware is quite worn out.

I don't know if this model has stainless frets. Can anyone confirm that? I cannot find full specs

It is selling it for $2,800.

Her are more pictures of the Reb Beach: https://ibb.co/album/LhB9B0

244588933-1235029386924208-3523612698754690391-n.jpg

Man I thought the RB signature Ibanez was just the coolest back when it came out. I only ever got my hands on one once and it hadn't been set up very well. I did not recall that it was a 22-fret neck but I suppose Reb really wants that neck pickup location?

The RB signature Ibanez would have been the perfect starting point for a headless model. Increased the amount of wood taken off of the back, lose the pickguard and chop off the headstock. Done.

The RB signature Ibanez would have been the perfect starting point for a headless model. Increased the amount of wood taken off of the back, lose the pickguard and chop off the headstock. Done.
Have you seen the new line of Ibanez headless guitars? Kind of interesting...

The new headless Ibanezes do look very neat. I'd certainly dig having something like that around.

I'd love that Suhr M-T in a hard-tail with three pickups. Such a sexy body. It's like the perfect half-way point between the soft Fender contour and the sharp and pointy RG aesthetic. Some of those finishes are really nice, too. Not colors I think of right away, but very sharp.

Have you seen the new line of Ibanez headless guitars? Kind of interesting...
Yes. I can see why they'd go with the design they did since most current headless models are pointy. The pointy super strat shapes seem to look better as headless than the new Ibanez headless. does IMO.

I have the opportunity to trade my Suhr for this one. It has Floyd Rose, 24 frets, but... but... I would have loved to play with that in the 80', but soon I will be 56, and now I don't have as much hair as @2112 anymore :D

S__60514317.jpg
S__60514315.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom