Is it time to take the screen protectors off?? and should I experiment with more amps...

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
nearly 2 months since my AFX3 replace my 2 - and I havent taken the screen cover off yet (nor off the FC12). Is it not time I do this.......

On another note - why cant I leave the Cornford amp sim alone..... never gelled with it on my standers or 2 - but in the 3 its just fantastic. Edge of break up, clean with the vol knob - hit it with a fuzz face or RCB boost and it sings.

Changes the reflections and also may trigger new devices to be released!
If your like me suggest to proceed to learn the other 98% of the device...

Ironically, my FC12 is starting to look real sloppy with all the curled up old screen protectors. Yet they remain.

The bubbles forming on my AxeIII screen protector serve as a reminder to stop scrolling through settings and just play.

The screen protector should never be removed by the 1st owner, only when selling it can you take it off to give it that "as new" appearance.

I’ll defer to others recommendations about the screen protector. In regards to experimenting with more amps, I highly recommend it! I feel like us guitar players often times go to an amp by name, reputation, and who uses it, but there are many “hidden gems” in the Axe-Fx! Ive been really impressed with the FAS amps lately. I just posted some tones from the FAS Wreck in the Recordings section, give it a listen!

I made my own screen protector for the fc 12 and axe main screen out of unused screen protectors for an old Galaxy tablet. Worked out great.

+1 on the FAS Wreck. That really hit the spot.

I’ll defer to others recommendations about the screen protector. In regards to experimenting with more amps, I highly recommend it! I feel like us guitar players often times go to an amp by name, reputation, and who uses it, but there are many “hidden gems” in the Axe-Fx! Ive been really impressed with the FAS amps lately. I just posted some tones from the FAS Wreck in the Recordings section, give it a listen!

nearly 2 months since my AFX3 replace my 2 - and I havent taken the screen cover off yet (nor off the FC12). Is it not time I do this.......

On another note - why cant I leave the Cornford amp sim alone..... never gelled with it on my standers or 2 - but in the 3 its just fantastic. Edge of break up, clean with the vol knob - hit it with a fuzz face or RCB boost and it sings.
I left mine on for a year and a half but I pulled it out of the rack to make sure my noctua fan was still working and left it on top of my rack. Then I kept putting pedals and stuff I swapped out on top and it started to look used, so I pulled the screen protector too.
If I ever sell it I'll label it as relic'd.

I just don't touch the screen. It's not a touch screen right? What's going to happen to it? Nothing, you worry too much...

Spills a beer on it while trying to hold it while shredding guitar at the same time!

I’ve got a friend who treasures his screen protectors. He has lot of obsolete, never to be used again, digital gear under the house. Pull it off and enjoy!
Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom