Is it safe to use the Axe-Fx II vertically?

My wife loves it vertical "AND" horizontal. lol Oh Wait, was he talking about the Axe FX unit??? = My Bad!

I've used mine vertically, horizontally, upside down and backwards. No issues.

Have not tried inside out... yet.

Is it safe to put the rack on its side to conserve space or does the Axe-Fx II have to be horizontal when using?

Don't do that!. There will be a shift in the Nth universe where the tachyons will bleed into the antimatter containment vessel. It will sound like a Gorilla amp after this process, and be irretrievably scarred.

It's fine. Sorry about the unreasonable answer to a very reasonable question. I blame it on the Tequila.

R

At risk of being a party pooper, it is worth observing that the venting on the chassis is on the sides rather than top or back. So if one were to stack it on a side without being in a rack, no earmounts, etc... one of these vents could be obstructed by the floor or table to restrict airflow and increase the internal temperature of the chassis. The degree to which this would be a factor depends on ambient temperature, how much airflow is actually required to cool the unit, how much the airflow is restricted by the positioning, and the temperature tolerance of the parts.

I guess the significance of this depends on whether you are trying to make cool music or hot stuff.

You can do it except that you will be limited to a signal chain of only 4 blocks. The advantage is that you can parallel 12 lines (just keep an eye on the CPU usage!)
Oh…(I almost forgot) DON'T turn it back flat (normal position) or else all kinds of goofy shit will happen!

LoL!

You can do it except that you will be limited to a signal chain of only 4 blocks. The advantage is that you can parallel 12 lines (just keep an eye on the CPU usage!)
Oh…(I almost forgot) DON'T turn it back flat (normal position) or else all kinds of goofy shit will happen!

LoL!

also you have to be careful that the fx blocks don't all side up to one end of the grid..

Yeah I have to stand vertically when playing mate. I haven't tried playing hanging from the ceiling.

At risk of being a party pooper, it is worth observing that the venting on the chassis is on the sides rather than top or back. So if one were to stack it on a side without being in a rack, no earmounts, etc... one of these vents could be obstructed by the floor or table to restrict airflow and increase the internal temperature of the chassis. The degree to which this would be a factor depends on ambient temperature, how much airflow is actually required to cool the unit, how much the airflow is restricted by the positioning, and the temperature tolerance of the parts.

I guess the significance of this depends on whether you are trying to make cool music or hot stuff.

Given my Axe-II mkI has no vents I wouldn't worry about it. Cliff has stated the vents aren't actually needed, but people feel better having them.

Back
Top Bottom