Is it safe to assume there will be no changes to the MFC?

drgary

I have been waiting for my MFC-101 for a while and I am anxious to start building a pedal board for it. However, the lag has me wondering if any changes are afoot that will make my soon to be prebuilt board useless. It is conceivable that the controller will be resized or altered physically so it no longer fits my soon to be well planned board. Does anyone have any unofficial or unfounded opinions about whether it is safe to start fabrication? Of course I can just wait until they are back in stock but there is certainly no fun in that.

I would wait personally. You NEVER know when something could change. Why waste money fabricating a pedal board that doesn't have any lee-way once your MFC arrives?

I don't pretend to be Yoda or the Buddha, but I will say this - never assume anything without good reason. Can you assume the sun will rise tomorrow? Sure. Can you assume music gear (which is always in the process of being refined) won't change before you see it? No way. I'd wait.

I wonder is it just a coincidence that the MFC-101 has been out of stock for so long and that FW 10 and Axe Edit have been 'coming soon' for some while and that Fractal have been known to be working on a lower level, probably floor based, product? It would be quite an event if all three came together.

Case in point: ethercon jacks. If I had a Mark II MFC I wouldn't have had custom RJ45 cables made... I would've went straight to ethercon.

Thanks to everyone who offered rational, tempered advice. As I said in my orignal post, there is no fun in that but it is sensible to wait. I would be really mad at myself if I planned and built a board only to find that the dimensions of the MFC changed slightly. On the other hand, maybe we are in for an upgrade and that is certainly worth waiting for. Cliff and the folks at Fractal don't seem to know how to leave well enough alone, they are always striving to improve things. That is a good thing and I am grateful for it.

We'll be re-stocking the MFC-101 as soon as possible. The delay has been due to a problem with one of our suppliers, not a redesign or any kind of intentional timing. There is a new firmware version with some minor bug fixes but no hardware or feature changes.

Thanks M@, I was sort of hoping an "insider" would respond. And, of course, it is always extra nice to get a response from someone with a hot avatar. :)

Back
Top Bottom