Is it possible...

Keybi

Inspired
to use the FAS Connector as "Phantom Power" for my MIDI CONTROLLER?.

Does the FAS Connector provide AC or DC ? What is the voltage?

Must be serial data over power. So I will leave the data alone and only use the power ;-)

This is not a good idea. If you drew more power than the FASLink was capable of providing you’d damage the unit and void your warranty in the process.

Wattage? That is the product of current and voltage. So P=U*I .
So my controller draws 90mA. The equation therefore is P= U * 0,09.

Considering the FAS provides 9 Volt , the wattage is 0,81 Watt.

That is not that much. I think the FC12 needs more ;-)

Well, that's what'll cause the fuse to blow if there is one. So that's what you need to worry about. Also note: all past devices have had a non-user-repairable protection diode as the fuse on the power line for the Fractal pedals. Not sure what the III uses, but if you blow it, the port is dead and requires factory servicing.

I will not start soldering as long as I don't have the needed informations. Don't worry. ;-). So far I still don't know if the communication works with 2 or three wires. And I still don't know the voltage either. I need 7 - 9 Volt DC. So in case it provides 9 V DC and 2000mW, everything is fine. Otherwise if the FAS provides 12 Volt AC and there is a rectifier / step down converter in the FC, that would be too much hassle to correct for a bit convenience ;-).

Only a few months until the FC arrives.

So the best answer for now would be, ".. yes its 9 Volt DC and you have to use PIN 1 and 2 ." LOL ;-)

Are you wanting to phantom power your midi controller while also using the FC? Otherwise, I don't really understand how this helps you...

Hi Guy. There is no FC available here in Germany. Right now I use a Voss MC10. You see the small box that allows me to use a CAT5 cable for bidirectional communication?. I still need an extra AC Adapter.

So wouldn't that be cool to use the power of the FASLINK Output.

Again, that only will work if the voltagevoes.jpg will fit. If so , I would solder an adapter within a few minutes.
If not, okay ;-)

Hi Guy. There is no FC available here in Germany. Right now I use a Voss MC10. You see the small box that allows me to use a CAT5 cable for bidirectional communication?. I still need an extra AC Adapter.

So wouldn't that be cool to use the power of the FASLINK Output.

Again, that only will work if the voltageView attachment 52351 will fit. If so , I would solder an adapter within a few minutes.
If not, okay ;-)
Got it. Now it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom