Is it possible to .....

Johnboy10

Hi,

is it possible to send the Amp/Cab/Drives out of output 1 and the Delay /Reverb out maybe the SPDIF? I would like to record the Delay Reverb on separate tracks in my Daw but still hear them while tracking.

Hoping to get an FM3 in the next few months. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Dont know if that is with the fm 3 possible, but Another way to aproach this: how about Recording dry and reamping in your daw the track as you can experiment than with delay and reverb to your taste.

Dont know if that is with the fm 3 possible, but Another way to aproach this: how about Recording dry and reamping in your daw the track as you can experiment than with delay and reverb to your taste.
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean I would have to use the FM3 as my interface?

I'm not sure that specific option is possible... But if you use the USB as your audio interface you can route a signal out before the Delay/Reverb to Output 2.

Then you can record both Output 1 (fully set signal with Delay/Reverb) and Output 2 (signal before Delay/Reverb) on separate tracks.

Monitoring of Output 1 will be the fully wet signal.

Keep in mind the wet signal is not ONLY Delay and Reverb...

Edit:

If your audio interface supports multiple inputs you could also use the interface via the FM3 output jacks

You can tell the FM3 which output you want copied to SPDIF. Figure out your layout, route the delay and reverb to a separate OUT block, then assign SPDIF to that OUT.

See the first entry on p. 92 in the manual.

I'd start with one of these layouts:

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.16.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.19.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.20.18 PM.png
In all cases I'd assign SPDIF to OUT 2.

It'd probably help us help you if you attached an exported copy of the preset so we can see what you're trying to do.

PS - Please use more descriptive titles for posts. "Is it possible to ....." is an attempt to be coy but it tells us nothing about what you want to know. Instead ask something that helps frame the thread like "Is it possible to route only some blocks to SPDIF?" That helps others when they're searching for a similar solution.

PPS - the layouts above are what I'd use if I wanted to use the same preset live as in the studio. For live I'd turn off SPDIF and send OUT 1 or OUT 2 to FOH and use the other for FRFR or amp+cab. The GEQ block would help tailor the sound for an amp+cab or FRFR, and FOH would be responsible for EQing OUT 2. Other blocks can be added wherever you want, but pay attention to the position of OUT 2 and where it taps off the main path. And, of course, trial and error will reveal all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.17.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.17.24 PM.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
You can tell the FM3 which output you want copied to SPDIF. Figure out your layout, route the delay and reverb to a separate OUT block, then assign SPDIF to that OUT.

It'd probably help us help you if you attached an exported copy of the preset so we can see what you're trying to do.
Sweet thanks a lot.

I do not have the FM3 as yet. Should be next month. Hopefully.

I do not have the FM3 as yet. Should be next month. Hopefully.
K. Well, the manual has examples of integrating the FM3 to various equipment in chapter 4.

The FM3 makes a great interface, as also its siblings do; They share the same A/D converters. The advantage is the signal remains digital once it enters the FM3 until it exits the DAW on its way to speakers.

It's a great unit and so much more capable than it'd seem at first.

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean I would have to use the FM3 as my interface?
Yes I am using FM3 as my interface which is directed to Logic Pro and I am reamping tracks from time to time so with this option I am able to add or remove any effect that I want, So USB conntected to Mac book in the DAW FM3 as audio source selected and there you go, for reamping there are some videos on yuotube available for settings. hope that helps?

K. Well, the manual has examples of integrating the FM3 to various equipment in chapter 4.

The FM3 makes a great interface, as also its siblings do; They share the same A/D converters. The advantage is the signal remains digital once it enters the FM3 until it exits the DAW on its way to speakers.

It's a great unit and so much more capable than it'd seem at first.
Hi Greg, you are really a Fractal Pro, I didnt know that this was possible to route that way, thumbs up for this. Best MIchael

Back
Top Bottom