Is it possible to use one Expression Pedal for multiple effects....

Rafone

right now I use an expression pedal for rotor speed, phaser (Uni-Vibe_ speed) etc. But i would like to use it for other things like gain setting in the amp.
So my question is....does the expression pedal care which effect has focus. i.e. If no effects are on can I use it to modify the amp...then switch on an effect and have it control that effect but not the amp etc.

tia
rafone

No, it will always control everything in the preset that you've set a modifier for. So if you had it controlling both Amp gain and Rotary speed, if the Rotary was off, then you would only hear the gain change. But when the Rotary is on, you'll hear both the gain boost and the speed change (assuming your amp is still on ;-)

People do use it for controlling multiple fx one at a time, but those would be more like Wah & dive bomb (Pitch) for example, and where only one is on at a time. It would be controlling both fx, but since only one is on, that's all you would hear.

One work-around is to change the gain hitting the Amp using another block (Vol/Pan. Filter, PEQ, etc....) then bypass that block when you aren't using it, via scenes or an AI switch, etc.....

There's plenty of discussion here regarding using one expression pedal to control more than one parameter. Unfortunately not the way you want it to work. Try using a scene controller to vary the amps gain f ex scene 1 edge of breakup, scene 2 crunch, scene 3 lead

Back
Top Bottom