Is it possible to upload User IR's with Sysex Librarian?

I'm currently having difficulties with both the Editor (I have it partially working) and Albert's IR Converter (I don't have it working at all), but would like to upload some of the User IR's. I'm on a Mac (PPC) running OS 10.4.11 and using a Digi 002R. I have Mandolane and Sysex Librarian working at this point.

Thanks!

Zen Guitar said:
I'm currently having difficulties with both the Editor (I have it partially working) and Albert's IR Converter (I don't have it working at all), but would like to upload some of the User IR's. I'm on a Mac (PPC) running OS 10.4.11 and using a Digi 002R. I have Mandolane and Sysex Librarian working at this point.

Thanks!
You can upload IRs with any app that can send .syx files, including Sysex Librarian. All you do is transmit the file. The Axe-Fx will receive and save it in the user spot indicated in the file header.

Thanks, Jay!

Just gave it a shot and had success with both presets and IR's.

Another question...

I know that I need to edit the 7th bit to determine which User slot the IR loads into. Do you have a recommendation for a Sysex Editor to do this? (It looks like I can view the contents of the IR files, but not edit them AFAIK with Sysex Librarian).

Cheers,

:arrow: Update: I downloaded HexEdit, which worked just fine on my Mac (PC Users can use Bome SendSX, I believe).

http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/

...ok...I've successfully loaded Jay Mitchell's 512 2x12 off-axis natural IR and I love it...however, I have been unsuccessful loading his 512 1x12 open back IR...

...on Axechange, Jay's instructions say that the IR will load in user cab 2...when I transfered the IR from my computer to the Axe-Fx, it wasn't in the user cab 2 or any of the other slots...

...could someone tell what I'm doing wrong? Like I said, I have been successful adding Jay's 2x12...it's in user slot 1...

...also, I don't need to dictate the location...just wondering why it won't show-up in user slot 2 as Jay's instructions dictate it should...

John Alexander said:
...on Axechange, Jay's instructions say that the IR will load in user cab 2...when I transfered the IR from my computer to the Axe-Fx, it wasn't in the user cab 2 or any of the other slots...
It will definitely go somewhere if the upload is successful. I just downoladed the file and opened it with AlbertA's utility, and it definitely hasn't been corrupted.

Check out the user spot in your hex/sysex editor and see if it is 01 (User Spot 2). If not, edit and save the file, then upload.

...also, I don't need to dictate the location...just wondering why it won't show-up in user slot 2 as Jay's instructions dictate it should...
If the file made it to the Axe-Fx, you'll see the green "Midi In" LED light very briefly. In that case, the IR has made it to some user location.

As a general practice, it's a good idea to open IR files in an editor or AlbertA's utility, verify the target user location, and change it if necessary. It's possible that I've updated the file with one that is set for some location other than 2. I never use 512-point IRs, so I won't encounter an issue like this if I've created one.

...thanks for the reply Jay...I tried following your advice as well as what Zen did...btw, I have a MacBook Pro laptop and I'm not sure if the Hex editor that Zen refers to above will work with an Intel-based Mac...it seems as if it's for Power PC's Macs only...I couldn't get AlbertA's utility to work either...currently, I use the Snoize SysEx librarian to load files...

...anyway, I cleared my Ultra's SRAM...just to make sure all the user cab slots were empty and re-uploaded my 10 presets and then re-uploaded your 512 2x12 off-axis natural...as before, it's in user 1 slot...I did this because you mentioned that when the midi-in lights that means the data was transmitted and I tried (unsuccessfully) to load the 512 1x12 open back several times...always a green light, but I don't know where it is :mrgreen:

...anyway, I really want to try the 1x12! :evil:

...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

**edit**

...I got the latest version of java and uploaded the Mandolane Midi for Intel-based Macs and then downloaded AlbertA's converter...followed the instructions...was able to get the 1x12 open back IR SysEx file to open in the converter...it was set to go to user 1...I changed it 2 and saved it and "sent it to the Axe-Fx" and...it was not in user slot 2...argh~! :twisted:

I just checked the current version of the 1x12 IR, and it's set for the User 1 spot. If you didn't edit the file for another user spot, it would just have been overwriting the 2x12 Off Axis Natural IR when you uploaded it.

...awesome! Thanks a bunch for the info about the suavetech hex editor, HailHalford! It works great with my MacBook Pro...now I'm cooking! :D

...I'm like Deputy Dawg floating up in the sky when he gets a bone! :lol:

...ok, I have Jay's 2x12 natural off-axis IR in User 1 and Jay's 1x12 clean on-axis in User 2...I downloaded 0xED for bit editing: http://www.suavetech.com/0xed/0xed.html and was able to successfully upload those cabs last week...but I've been wanting to try some of the other IR's...

...so I download a few more IR's...I open them in the hex editor so as to change the cab location to User 3 (using 02 in the 7th bit of the editor) and then save that and load it into SysEx Editor and then send it to the Axe-Fx using my M-Audio Uno...the Uno has worked everytime and continues to work when I dump presets to my computer or upload presets from my computer, but whenever I edit the user cab with the hex editor, I get a "Bad Checksum!" message...

...at first I thought that the "midi-in cable" might be compromised, but as I stated previously, it works fine when I upload presets from the Axchange or do firmware changes...it just won't accept the cab IR's when I have changed the user location...I know I'm doing the editing part correctly (see above) as I had success last week (edited Jay's 1x12 for user 2 and it went there)...

...I have the latest driver for my Uno...I read the trouble-shooting guide...my Uno seems to work correctly, do I need to spend $70 more bucks and get 2x12 Midisport or whatever it's called?

...it's not an emergency! :p

...any ideas as to what's causing the "Bad Checksum!"

...so, I've continued to try different things to get the IR's to go where I want with no luck...my Uno works for everything else, but it seems that the file gets "corrupted" and I get a Bad Checksum message whenever I use this 0xED hex editor and try to put the IR anyplace other than User 1 (which is where Jay and most of the other IR's are "pre-placed")...

...very frustrating...for instance, I just downloaded Scott's JCM800 (sounds killer with Jay's 2x12 off-axis, natural and none mic!) and if my Uno will transmit presets via Midi-In, I know it's working...it just won't let me download an IR after I've edited the 7th byte to any user cabinet other than user 1...

...I'm talking to myself, aren't I :mrgreen:

...I don't see how buying a 2x12Midi-Sport will help...

... :twisted:
... :D
...it's just guitar...

...so, to continue my conversation with myself...

..."Hey John, did you solve your system problem yet?"

..."Yes, John, I did. It cost $80...

...you see, I bought a MidiSport 2x2 Anniversary and now all midi-related transfer hiccups are resolved...sadly, no breasts were flashed from a China hottie; just good old fashioned cash for a better piece of hardware...so, I will now end my conversation with myself on the quest for IR's and editing their user slots and all those things...

...just get a 2x12 Midisport...don't bother with the Uno :twisted:

...back to jammin! ;)

Back
Top Bottom