Is it possible to run 2 outputs? 1 with cab sim to a FRFR setup, 1 to a Mesa 4x12

Hey Everyone!

I've done a little research on this and wanted to get some real feedback here. My current setup is my AX8 through a Matrix GT1000FX Power Amp, and into a Matrix FRFR 2x12 cabinet. Honestly, this setup is so legit it is unreal. Expensive, but worth it!

I wanted to experiment with a new set up. My Matrix Power Amp can accommodate it, so I want to see what it sounds like for a new project we are working on in my band. Before my swap to my Fractal I was playing through a Mesa 4x12 cabinet which I still have.

Is it possible to send my full signal chain through output 1 and output 2, but with one having a cab sim going to my PA and FRFR cab, and 1 without a cab sim going to output 2, through the PA, and to the Mesa Cab?

Thoughts? Any help at all is appreciated!!!

If you don't need stereo, you can also achieve this by setting the cab block as the last block, splitting the signal before and going to the output block. There, you hard pan one signal (row) to the left and to the right.

I am currently not at home, but if you want a preset, I can provide you with one.

If you don't need stereo, you can also achieve this by setting the cab block as the last block, splitting the signal before and going to the output block. There, you hard pan one signal (row) to the left and to the right.

I am currently not at home, but if you want a preset, I can provide you with one.
This seems more complicated. What’s the benefit?

As far as I remember - FX-Block adds a little bit CPU load. Apart from that, I like having the oppertunity routing one signal with and without Cab to an interface, as well as having the oppertunity to drive a guitar speaker (echoing Out1 to Out2) with independent volume.
Or in other words: Axe-FX III with the dedicated output blocks would be the best for me, but I prefer the pedal board size :)

As far as I remember - FX-Block adds a little bit CPU load. Apart from that, I like having the oppertunity routing one signal with and without Cab to an interface, as well as having the oppertunity to drive a guitar speaker (echoing Out1 to Out2) with independent volume.
Or in other words: Axe-FX III with the dedicated output blocks would be the best for me, but I prefer the pedal board size :)
if the FX Loop block adds any CPU, it's nominal - i think like .1% in my tests long ago.

so for your setup, you want THREE outputs - 1 with cab sim, and 2 additional without cab sim. that's a unique setup. i just want to make sure those new to this concept and the OP realize it's unique, and not absolutely necessary for this approach. the example in the manual will give you the 2 outputs as needed.

if the FX Loop block adds any CPU, it's nominal - i think like .1% in my tests long ago.

so for your setup, you want THREE outputs - 1 with cab sim, and 2 additional without cab sim. that's a unique setup. i just want to make sure those new to this concept and the OP realize it's unique, and not absolutely necessary for this approach. the example in the manual will give you the 2 outputs as needed.
Chria, one question (because it may come up):
Putting the FX-block as the last block before the output will auto connect it. Any experience with more noise because of the FX return being not connected on this?

Chria, one question (because it may come up):
Putting the FX-block as the last block before the output will auto connect it. Any experience with more noise because of the FX return being not connected on this?
It will auto connect to Output 1. That means anything before the FX Loop will continue on a 2nd path to Out 1 as well. This won’t make “more noise” but it will increase the signal/level/volume going to Output 1, again since there is a 2nd row now going to it.

Avoid putting the FX Loop in the last column (as it will auto connect), or if you must do that, turn the Level in the FX Loop block down all the way.

Last edited:
It will auto connect to Output 1. That means anything before the FX Loop will continue on a 2nd path to Out 1 as well. This won’t make “more noise” but it will increase the signal/level/volume going to Output 1, again since there is a 2nd row now going to it.

Avoid putting the FX Loop in the last column (as it will auto connect), or if you must do that, turn the Level in the FX Loop block down all the way.

It would be nice if the fx loop block could be made to not auto connect, so you could put it all the way over. Just wondering why it auto connects, I suppose?

It would be nice if the fx loop block could be made to not auto connect, so you could put it all the way over. Just wondering why it auto connects, I suppose?
Every block auto connects in the last column so people wouldn’t complain that the last block needs to be manually connected.

Every block auto connects in the last column so people wouldn’t complain that the last block needs to be manually connected.

I suppose someone will always complain about something :) . It would make a lot of sense if the FX block didn't do this, in the interest of cramming as much as possible into the chain; I understand most people won't use it this way and Fractal will do what makes sense for the majority.

Back
Top Bottom