Is it possible to recreate the DBX 160 inside the current compressor block?

I'm sure you get similar punchy results from one of the many compressors available. What exactly is it you're trying to achieve?

Choose one of the FF (feed forward) studio compressors, choose RMS detection. That puts you in the ballpark. Attack time should probably be between 2 and 10 ms, release should be fairly fast 100 ms or shorter.
The real DBX has nonlinear attack and release, but these settings should get you very close.

Choose one of the FF (feed forward) studio compressors, choose RMS detection. That puts you in the ballpark. Attack time should probably be between 2 and 10 ms, release should be fairly fast 100 ms or shorter.
The real DBX has nonlinear attack and release, but these settings should get you very close.

Thanks for the suggestion! I basically wanted a starting point, and since I'm not accustomed to all the technical aspects of various compressor types out there, I appreciate this kind of info!

About the auto switch: Might the auto switch even be modeled after the DBX 160? As far as I know, not many other compressor use automatic attack and release times...

Thanks for the suggestion! I basically wanted a starting point, and since I'm not accustomed to all the technical aspects of various compressor types out there, I appreciate this kind of info!

About the auto switch: Might the auto switch even be modeled after the DBX 160? As far as I know, not many other compressor use automatic attack and release times...
Cliff stated a long time ago that it was modelled after a DBX, but not the 160.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-12-07.160081/post-1916172

I wonder if Leon has made one of his amazing videos on making the most of the Axe compressors. If not, can I put that on my 'Leon wish list'?

I wonder if Leon has made one of his amazing videos on making the most of the Axe compressors. If not, can I put that on my 'Leon wish list'?
I think in his video summarizing the recent firmware that added a number of new compressor models I remember Leon saying he's not much of a compressor guy so he wouldn't be a good one to break down the differences or how to use them.

Back
Top Bottom