Is it possible to assign scenes to X/Y parameters

pir8matt

Hello all, been using my Axe-FX II MKII pretty much exclusively for some time, doing a double this weekend and needed to get my largely unused AX8 out of mothballs.

I did a factory reset and cleared all the old patches out of it because most of what was there wasn't working that great anyway. I built up a new general utility patch using scenes, but what I can't remember is whether you can assign scenes to the X/Y parameters of the switches?

I like to run scenes along the bottom 4 switches and FX on/off along the top. But Im limited to 4 scenes unless I can utilize the X/Y selections to apply to scenes. I can't remember if there was a way to do this or not, and searching for an answer just kinda sent me down a rabbit hole of similar but not exactly the same sorts of questions.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I don't think that's what he's asking.

@pir8matt - you want something like scenes 1 & 5 on IA switch one, 2 & 6 on switch two, etc? You can have Scene 1/2 Toggle on a switch, but that's the only one. So you could theoretically have 5 on the lower 4 buttons. One drawback with S1/2 toggle though is that when you're on any other scene it will always go to S1 first... you have to hit the switch twice to get to S2, and you'll hear S1 for a brief moment.

Your best option may be to use one of the F-switches. For example, I have F2 Tap set for "Single Scene" so I can hit that once, choose any of the 8 scenes from the 8 IA switches (Scenes 5-8 will still be on the top row), and it'll go back into regular IA switch mode as soon as you select a scene.

I don't think that's what he's asking.

@pir8matt - you want something like scenes 1 & 5 on IA switch one, 2 & 6 on switch two, etc? You can have Scene 1/2 Toggle on a switch, but that's the only one. So you could theoretically have 5 on the lower 4 buttons. One drawback with S1/2 toggle though is that when you're on any other scene it will always go to S1 first... you have to hit the switch twice to get to S2, and you'll hear S1 for a brief moment.

Your best option may be to use one of the F-switches. For example, I have F2 Tap set for "Single Scene" so I can hit that once, choose any of the 8 scenes from the 8 IA switches (Scenes 5-8 will still be on the top row), and it'll go back into regular IA switch mode as soon as you select a scene.

Yeah, I was asking for exactly what you're describing there. None of those options really seem ideal so I'll just make it work with 4. Its not a big deal, I was just curious if it was theoretically possible.

That said, how do you set it up to toggle on switch one?

Yeah, I was asking for exactly what you're describing there. None of those options really seem ideal so I'll just make it work with 4. Its not a big deal, I was just curious if it was theoretically possible.

That said, how do you set it up to toggle on switch one?
In Axe Edit, you go to the Footswitches page, and then right-click on whichever IA switch you want to use for it - in your case, switch one. One of the options in the menu will be "Scene 1/2 Toggle" or something to that effect. (IIRC it may be under Scenes > ... )

Back
Top Bottom