Is It Penis Envy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigP

Inspired
Why do these FM3 fan boys continuously post on FXIII threads to inquire if that product is going to be "updated" to the latest tech regarding the FXIII????

Geez, not trying to get religious, but, for God's sake, they are two completely different pieces of hardware, aimed at performing and succeeding beyond any competitors abilities, and it's still "will it do this like that unit? or will it do that like this unit?"

Damn, get over it. Each tool is designed for a purpose. If he tool YOU chose is not adequate...........upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. Been aggravated by encroachments on FXIII threads by these kids for over a year now.

Sooooooo, let's go do our thing with the products we have chosen, pleeeeeaase.

Oh yes, if you feel inadequate, you can always UPGRADE. I have an FX8 MKII, and it is wonderful when applied in the proper context.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it that way...they are just hopeful they'll get some of the improvements (mostly the improved drives and pitch block). I do think it's not very welcoming to new Fractal Users to refer to them as fanboys, kids etc. Actually pretty uncool.

That being said, I do agree that if you want a III, buy a III. I think there is a little misconception amongst some that the FM is a floor III, and that's silly. But I also don't think hoping those updates are included in a future FM firmware is outrageous, either.

The word\phrase fanboys was\is a BS term and shouldn't be used. Just my opinion of course.
Sorry, don't mean to melt a snowflake, just sick of every post regarding FXIII being accentuated with someone with a FX3 (wonderful gear) asking "is the FM3 going to get the same XXXX??"

I mean damn. Put on the big boy pants, make a choice and rock on with it, It is NOT the same objective.

FWIW, all the FAS gear I have is beyond comparison with any other gear trying to compete. YMMV Choose the right tool for the job at hand.

Is It Penis Envy? I mean there are product specific threads on the forum.....

Sorry, don't mean to melt a snowflake, just sick of every post regarding FXIII being accentuated with someone with a FX3 (wonderful gear) asking "is the FM3 going to get the same XXXX??"

I mean damn. Put on the big boy pants, make a choice and rock on with it, It is NOT the same objective.

FWIW, all the FAS gear I have is beyond comparison with any other gear trying to compete. YMMV Choose the right tool for the job at hand.

Is It Penis Envy? I mean there are product specific threads on the forum.....
Melt a snowflake? Uh Ok.. I do agree with the "content and meaning" of your post. Your choice of phrases, not so much! ;)

Will the FM3 get everything the Axe FX III has? NO, that's a cold-hard fact, the FM3 isn't powerful enough, and people should understand that once for all.

But to blame and point at them them for hoping for things that are perfectly rational and intended to be implemented (as being promised for being part of the so called "ARES ecosystem/family of products" like the new amps/effects, etc... it's just unfair and plain rude, IMO.

I get it, the FM3 is still in its "launch phase" in terms of functionality and bugs squashing and it's priority for FAS to solve all problems before attempting porting new things that could potentially develop new bugs on it's own. But for any number of people that are experiencing all sort of problems with their FM3, there's another group who are enjoying their devices and eagerly waiting for all the goodies and new stuff Cliff comes up for the Axe FX III.

Having both units, I don't mind at all for FAS to take all the time they need to fix all bugs in the FM3, but I totally understand the frustration in the FM3 community, specially if the FM3 is their introduction to the FAS ecosystem (been there myself with the AX8).

Yep, and with every single FW update, there are then inevitable posts of "when will my xxxx be able to do that too?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom