Is it me or is the Axe fx 3 aesthetically unpleasing?

Well the aesthetics doesn't get me crazy, mainly because the 3U format brings more unused surface and the controls area seems like a VR visor from the 80'. :D

But in the end what matters is how will work and I think nobody has doubts about it!

I don’t like the plastic recessed panel. A one piece brushed metal front panel would be killer. And i prefer the gloss black look of the I/O monitoring lights background on the XL+.

Fractal needs a "Green Logo" Special edition version of the Axe-Fx III

No no no no no no no no no no n............... ad infinitum

The display is very fine!
I love blue LEDs, blue Screens (Oh sorry! Has been a bad joke for all Windows users :tearsofjoy:) and the design of the new display and the whole device.
It's so sad, that a lot of Fractal users are living in the "never change a running horse"-universe.
The outfit had to be modernized.
It looks a lot better than the II-series.
In my opinion.

I like the looks, but if I didn’t I would still purchase it based on what it is capable of doing out the door at launch.

However, if I could change the appearance I would go for a four-space unit with leds on every single button and knob. If they all flashed at tempo that would be even better.

It is a piece of electronic gear that contributes to my personal enjoyment in playing music. I don't intend to date it; woo or court it; and it shall be expected to perform as advertised. Looks are irrelevant in this case.

Well, according to this post by @FractalAudio, there is polycarbonate over steel... which is technically plastic...
If you put a layer of paint over a steel panel, it's still a steel panel. If you put a layer of polycarbonate over a steel panel, it's still a steel panel.

If you put a layer of paint over a steel panel, it's still a steel panel. If you put a layer of polycarbonate over a steel panel, it's still a steel panel.
Maybe it's a bit pedantic, but you're saying there's no plastic when there is.

The person you responded to wasn't talking about structure, but rather aesthetics... And the steel is not visible, it's covered by a layer of polycarbonate. :)

Going on the record here...the new unit looks beautiful...but in all honesty I am more a fan of inner beauty. :)

The person you responded to wasn't talking about structure, but rather aesthetics...
We don’t know for sure whether he was talking about one or the other or both. And imagine some guy cruising the forum, reading that post, and then jumping on another forum to tell the world, “I read it has a plastic faceplate!” I had to say something. :)

We don’t know for sure whether he was talking about one or the other or both. And imagine some guy cruising the forum, reading that post, and then jumping on another forum to tell the world, “I read it has a plastic faceplate!” I had to say something. :)
True... I made an assumption since he mentioned "brushed metal".

This whole thread reminds me of the days when people complained about <any amp> that didn't have <this color tolex> and the <abhorrent faceplate>, and it ruined it for them.

Because looks are what it's all about.

Back
Top Bottom