Is it me or is the Axe fx 3 aesthetically unpleasing?

true apologies are accepted on this forum :)

maybe just keep it in mind next time - what you said is usually considered offensive :)
Sorry once again. ust wanted people's opinons. and it seems the majoriitiy are in favour of the new looks which is fine by me because ive now started to Love it! :)

...isn't there a law against changing a terrible thread title , to ANOTHER terrible thread title , only to make people assume it's ANOTHER terrible thread title ?

Anyone else feel that the new version is aesthetically unpleasing? Maybe I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover ... I really preferred the 2U style ! Now I have to get a new rack system built in my studio to cater for a 3U... #FirstWorldProblems

edit: changed title to be politer... Also i'm starting to understand and like the look of it more and more. it's growing on me! :)

What did you expect? a Jony Ive design?

yj5fOAv.gif

I'm going to put this out there, but I think it looks exactly like it should, and pretty much like I would have expected any new processor to look, if it were to come out at this point in time.

In fact, while not a visual thing, the only thing it doesn't have on the front that I would have expected is touch screen.

Also, I love the blue. I think the ability to change the color would be pretty neat, but it serves no functional purpose, so it's not really that important to me.

Maybe the AxeFxIII XL++ will have more "nipples" to rotate on the faceplate (i.e. more knobs rows direct linked to the most common amp controls, other 4 rows of knobs direct linked to comp, drive, delay and reverb knobs with a led if that specific control is present in that amp or fx model selected, and other rows of knobs with controls linkable to selectable fxs - little text screen label - and than a modern screen output for android/iOS cellphone/tablets (should be luxury with my iPad Pro 12.9... i.e. running also AxeEdit and FractalBot mobile versions).

As long as it creates the sounds I desire, It could look like a turd with knobs and buttons for all I care. :)

The Axe FX III is a fractal product, and it looks like a fractal product.
This is a question of personal preferences, but Fractal audio decided to keep on going with the same type of design/layout.
This is their own marketing choice.

They could have put out a brand new design identity, but they have choosen to stay traditional on their design line.
It is a choice, nothing else.

The Axe FX III is a fractal product, and it looks like a fractal product.
This is a question of personal preferences, but Fractal audio decided to keep on going with the same type of design/layout.
This is their own marketing choice.

They could have put out a brand new design identity, but they have choosen to stay traditional on their design line.
It is a choice, nothing else.
That is a great point. I took one look and I knew it was a Fractal product and I immediately liked the look. Maybe because I feel confident that it will sound even better than it looks, but Fractal has never failed me.

Awe a mod changed the title lol.

Looking directly at the unit, I like the left half. It looks modern and inline with todays "look" on digital. The right half with those same old LED meters and blue logo I do not. I would have liked to see a 2nd display screen instead.

I have no issue with the design of the unit; however some of the suggestions here like being able to change/rotate the color on the logo would be a cool feature as is the suggestion for being able to display your own image or minimally select from a catalog of images for the front screen. Love the idea of the glowing tubes! Lastly, different colors on the RTA to highlight either level peaks or frequency would be useful.

Most importantly, thank you FAS for a new product! Love blinking, colorful lights in a studio.

Back
Top Bottom