Is it me or is the Axe fx 3 aesthetically unpleasing?

Anyone else feel that the new version is aesthetically unpleasing? Maybe I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover ... I really preferred the 2U style ! Now I have to get a new rack system built in my studio to cater for a 3U... #FirstWorldProblems

edit: changed title to be politer... Also i'm starting to understand and like the look of it more and more. it's growing on me! :)

Last edited:
Looks pretty beefy and badass in my opinion, but everyone has their own tastes.

I have mixed emotions about it. I like most of its looks, but somehow that color display looks like something from Nintendo... I seriously hope they will (eventually?) have a "plain mode) that carries on the II's tradition of serious professional look.

seems like a rude comment to put on the developer's forum.

that doesn't look ugly to me. i mean look at all those lights!

Yea, I hate criticizing especially a product that's not even out yet, but aesthetics are aesthetics and not everyone has the same ideas on it. I will say that all the "real" pictures of it look a lot better to me than the photo shoot pictures that are used for the promo. I think it really comes down to that blue logo, something about it just looks funny to me. That and the stock image they used to fill the screen in the photo shoot pics reminds of something that isn't doing it any favors.

Minor crap, really. I'd just about kill somebody to put one in my rack and I would probably ogle it every time I walked by.

Anyone else feel that the new version is ugly? Maybe I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover ... I really preferred the 2U style ! Now I have to get a new rack system built in my studio to cater for a 3U... #FirstWorldProblems
The fact that it is 3u instead of 2u is a plus in my opinion. The rear of the unit with all of those connections would have been too cramped in a 2u. The AXE III looks great!

I wouldn't say ugly but something in the close up/well lit photos and videos I've seen of beta test units that seems kind of prototype-ish to me. Maybe because they ARE prototypes/preproduction but I don't know if that's the case. I guess I'd have to see one in person to know if I'd still see it that way.
Not saying so to be insulting or rude. Just being honest.

Mixed feelings about the look of it (why change the Axe-Fx font and capitalize it?) but the screen is definitely a step up...which was badly needed. I find the "cutout" on the III a little odd looking..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom