• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is it me or is the Axe fx 3 aesthetically unpleasing?

ChainOfThought

Experienced
The more I see it the more the only thing I don't like is that blue logo. I don't know if it's the shade of blue, the font, the fact that it's there or what... But something about that blue logo just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't make A beautiful thing ugly, but it's also definitely not adding any bonus points for me.

Fuck I want one of these things.

1poorplayer

Power User
The more I see it the more the only thing I don't like is that blue logo. I don't know if it's the shade of blue, the font, the fact that it's there or what... But something about that blue logo just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't make A beautiful thing ugly, but it's also definitely not adding any bonus points for me.

Fuck I want one of these things.
....it's going to look GREAT beside my Blue Auralex !

I imagine big companies might employ people just to design the aesthetics, so to keep a democratic price, another side would suffer, like reliability or components quality for instance.

unix-guy

Legend!
Whats with all the complaining about the 3-space rack size? Do you want the bigger screen or not?
Personally? I could live without it. I do any real editing with Axe Edit... And the color screen is also not important to me.

But, I'll take 3u and shallow(er) rather than 2u and deep...

And I don't have a problem with getting the updated screen! ;)

Genghis

Power User
Whats with all the complaining about the 3-space rack size? Do you want the bigger screen or not?
Don't really care one way or another about that, but I do like the additional I/O options that we have room for with the larger unit now. I'm sure I'll enjoy the big screen too once I get it.

SHEPPARD

Inspired
When it was all about the axe fx 2 a month ago, people always hated on the screen. Now with the 3 out people are hating on the 3u design for the larger screen. I like appreciate both aesthetics of the units.

Rex

Legend!
When it was all about the axe fx 2 a month ago, people always hated on the screen. Now with the 3 out people are hating on the 3u design for the larger screen. I like appreciate both aesthetics of the units.
Yup. One of the most frequently-asked-for improvements was a higher-resolution color screen. Now that it's coming, most people are loving it, including 100% of the people who've used it. It's just a small minority that doesn't like it or doesn't care. But now there's a thread about it, and that makes it look like there are more.

Rich G.

Experienced
I think it looks fine as is. Would I have designed it like that? Nope. Not at all. I'll compare it to my X32 rack. It has a nice screen, a bunch of buttons, some knobs, etc... but I find I rarely use any of that. I do the majority of my interface with the X32 through Mixing Station on an Android tablet. The X32 could literally be a black box to me. As long as the controlling app is good and robust then that is all I need.

So, for the AxeFx III, remove the screen, the buttons, the encoders... all that stuff you can touch and see. Put all those functions in software. Design a sleek customizable app that runs across platforms. Make it a 2u, or even a 1u if all the I/O can fit. Have a front panel with a logo and a power switch.

Top Bottom