Is it just me...

There's a store north of me about 100 miles that has a big yard full of those sort of objects. It's pretty cool to see on a day with a small breeze.

There've been wishes/requests for a screen saver on the front panels. Perhaps something like this is in order?

Cool. You do realize animations of Fractals, including the FAS logo Julia set, is my jam, right? :).

https://vimeo.com/rodrigospacecraft
I was so into that stuff when I'd been in IT for 10-ish years, but we didn't have any real graphic libraries, and, being a young dad at that time, writing the code late at night was kinda frowned upon by the home front.

I did write a fractal generator that'd write to our plotter from our mainframe using IBM Basic though. It ran extremely fast, but took all night to generate a page sending the data over the slow line, and when I came in in the morning it'd beaten all the pens to a pulp and soaked the paper so bad it was mush. Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back in the early 90s I worked with a programmer who was into fractals.

He showed me a fractal generating program and explained the concept.

He would start it running and check it the next day.

Is the Fractal logo more akin to a Mandelbrot set, Julia set, or neither?

I do think the Fractal loading logo could use some hair/fur/fuzz on it. :)

I saw an add on FB, big going out of business sale for them, usually $299, you can get one for only $79....

Then I looked on eBay and saw dozens of Chinese sellers offer them for $19.99 lol

just like those “handmade” galvanized pipe rockets and angler fish etc for hundreds of dollars on Etsy

Back in the early 90s I worked with a programmer who was into fractals.

He showed me a fractal generating program and explained the concept.

He would start it running and check it the next day.
That was probably FRACTINT. We used to do the same. My best friend contributed some of the program's code; part of the Plasma Fractal, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom