Is it just me?

Don't laugh but my theory is that this is autism spectrum stuff.
The link between music and math has long been established and the fretboard is a repeating pattern which autistic kids recognize with great ease. I really wonder if that is the key to a musical prodigy.

I wish I had that much fun....doing anything.
It's not that much difficult. Just think of the reasons why you are doing it, and figure out if you need it. Knowing the real reasons brings much joy to you. In addition, you'll understand that if you do something without real reason, there would be no real reason to keep doing it.

And about the boy, it goes without saying his performance is great.

Don't know how he does it, but he sure has a ton of fun doing it. 👍
I know right! Kid looks super happy and actually smiling and enjoying himself while doing these very complex runs and patterns. Great stuff! News I actually want want to hear!

Don't laugh but my theory is that this is autism spectrum stuff.
The link between music and math has long been established and the fretboard is a repeating pattern which autistic kids recognize with great ease. I really wonder if that is the key to a musical prodigy.

I think there are probably a lot of those spectrum labels that could be assigned to those that picked it up early and kept after it for life. You’re on the right track.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, kids are blessed with having this ability to quickly learn things. A very useful evolutionary trait in the wild that now finds some 'interesting uses'. Of course the child has to find it interesting enough to keep doing it for a very long term. Which is probably why we don't see that many mini Jaco's or mini Eddie's to begin with. But then again even few adults are blessed with the strong desire and will power that see them become very good at what they do. This is why the word talent gets used and abused so much, as a cop out to excuse our own laziness and lack of willpower.

Is it just me or does his timing seem to be slightly off (just like the other thread about him where I made a similar comment)?

Maybe it's how the bass and the backing track are recorded?

The other video seemed like it was only in parts and was his actual timing. This one felt like it was slightly shifted the whole time.

Not knocking the kid at all - he can obviously play!

Is it just me or does his timing seem to be slightly off (just like the other thread about him where I made a similar comment)?
I noticed the same thing. He still gets a lot of leeway from me due to his age and enthusiasm level. I suspect improvements will come in due time.

Back
Top Bottom