Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FUD was the suggestion that a couple of issues out of thousands of units might be an indication that it "wasn't done right." You can see how this planted an unfounded worry in at least one person's mind.

Do we really know how many units they actually sold? I'd be surprised if it was thousands.

Just a wild guess, but there's a chance that many on the wait list are not impulse buyers with $1399 laying around that will go up in smoke on Black Friday if an AX8 transaction isn't made by then. And those that do blow their wad elsewhere will allow more committed players to get an AX8 earlier. I'm content to wait. Better than the the false economy of having the units rushed out the door before they are perfected and then being buried in complaints, returns, and the doom and gloom of "never time to do it right, always time to do it over". "When we get there" works for me.

Then again: Its easy for me to be patient: I've lived this long without an AX8 and survived, and never gave any thought to what I imagine I could be missing out on now that might exist in the future. Lucky me: I've got a couple great sounding amps and just the right pickups in the Strat in the here and now.

I would think that this will be a very accurate assertion of what will happen. The holidays definitely have a tendency to suck a person's wallet dry. Which means those of us that are not budging will reap the rewards of that. *crisses fingers* at least I hope!

What's going on is that people are slamming hard to deliver a box that's solid and done right the first time—just like the Axe-Fx and FX8 were. Which, I'm happy to say, is business as usual.

This ^ is just one of the blessings about being a Fractal Audio System's customer. And if there ever is a problem, FAS steps right up and fixes it! :D

The AX8 will be the first Fractal product for a large number of people. The desire to make as best a first impression as possible must be high.

When it ships it'll be glorious. Until then, enjoy playing your guitar and dreaming of your new tool arriving.

This! Right on target.

Until then, enjoy playing your guitar and dreaming of your new tool arriving.
Yet another new modelling product by Fractal - this one cleverly aimed at giving the wives and girlfriends ideas for gifts for their non guitar playing partners. Dial in the 'Vintage Ron J' play with the Sag settings and plug into the input of your choice. Expect a special Mark Day and Chris from axefxtutorials team effort demo vid soon!

I'm anxious as ever to ditch my 6u rack case for just a floor board but we all know its worth the wait for FAS to test, iron out the bugs and release the AX8 in a great format and working condition. But darn it I'm ready after lugging my 6u around.

O and yes still should hit the gym lol

Yet another new modelling product by Fractal - this one cleverly aimed at giving the wives and girlfriends ideas for gifts for their non guitar playing partners. Dial in the 'Vintage Ron J' play with the Sag settings and plug into the input of your choice. Expect a special Mark Day and Chris from axefxtutorials team effort demo vid soon!

thats-not-right-gif.gif

I think you may have killed the thread.

Oh don't worry .... where there's a waiting list there will be a few other topics started on the same 'how long must I wait' theme ;)

Reactions: Rex
I do 3 services every Sunday.. and one of the services are at our Satellite Church in a different town... so I've sold my ultra that I was using there so that I was ready order as soon as I got my "golden email".... now I have to use an Line 6 HDpro..... lol....

Oh well.... it is what it is...

Last edited:
I do 3 services every Sunday.. and one of the services are at our Satellite Church in a different town... so I've sold my ultra that I was using there so that I was ready order as soon as I got my "golden email".... now I have to use an Line 6 HDpro..... lol....

Oh well.... it is what it is...

Oh man........I was already feeling bad for you , THEN you played the Line6 card !

Did you guys at Fractal hear this ?
He says , IT IS WHAT IT IS , but he's really saying , PLEASE START SELLING THE AX8 SOON , PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man........I was already feeling bad for you , THEN you played the Line6 card !

Did you guys at Fractal hear this ?
He says , IT IS WHAT IT IS , but he's really saying , PLEASE START SELLING THE AX8 SOON , PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

I know man.... Im hoping i only have to use it for 1 week!!

Btw- line 6 card... Hahaha good one!

I did the same thing when I sold my AxeFX Ultra before getting the AxeII. I was on the waiting list for the AxeII and borrowed a friends HD500. Fortunately I was early on the AxeII waiting list and didn't have to use the HD for more than a couple weeks.

I learned my lesson. Do not sell your current Fractal gear to finance new Fractal gear or you may get stuck playing an HD500!

I learned my lesson. Do not sell your current Fractal gear to finance new Fractal gear or you may get stuck playing an HD500!
Or, in more generic terms: if you sell your gigging rig before you have the replacement rig in your hands, you do so at your own risk. :)

I sold my AxeII to fund the Ax8
to fit my tight budget, I only could afford a Pod Pro for the waiting time, I tryed every thing, it's not made to sound good, it's just can't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom