Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any day now. Hang in there...

Wow ...... sincere thanks for the update ..... great news .....

Fractal / Cliff => if shipping is any day now, can we presume then that the manual will be available on the website the same day that shipping starts ?

And on a purely selfish note => will the land down-under get any AX8's in the first batch ?

Thanks again,
Ben

Ok.......Here's a random thought & question from "X-Mann" while we wait.........:eek:

Thought: Is it safe to assume that a lot of people got on the AX8 wait list just to get on it? I mean, I've heard lots of Helix guys say that they are getting on the list & I can see that some have returned their unit, while some have kept it. Can we assume that some people will get the golden ticket e-mail & just do nothing at all?

Question: How long do you have to respond (w/ an actual purchase) after receiving the Fractal AX8 e-mail that states your unit is ready to ship?

I only ask because I plan on buying the minute I receive mine & I'm ready to go right now. Some people may not have all of the money yet or may need to sell other gear to complete this transaction. How does Fractal handle all of this or how long will they wait for you after they've sent you the final e-mail?

I assume that there are about 250 to 500 people in front of me at my best guess & just wonder if that could get cut in half due to people NOT responding in time or at all.

Thanks, X

Last edited:
The way previous waiting lists worked (IIRC) the email was not reserving a specific unit that just sat there and waited for you to decide. The way it worked was that X number of units are available and X number of invitations go out. If you waited units may not be in stock when you were ready to purchase as invitations would continue to go out.

Of course it could be totally different this time around.

I was on the wait list for the Axe II a couple of years ago. Here is part of the email I got when my name came up:

"Limit 1 per customer. Please do not share this code with anyone. This code is valid for 30 days but there is no time limit on your purchase. If you need more than 30 days please let us know when you are ready to purchase and we will send you a new code at that time. There is no need to request a time extension."

I have no idea if this will be the procedure for the AX8, but at least it gives you something to talk about while we wait ;).

Can we assume that some people will get the golden ticket e-mail & just do nothing at all?

No Doctor Xavier, it is not safe to assume that. If you see that original "I'm just going to leave this here..." thread, that generated more desire than the Helix ever will. Even non-FAS forum members caught wind of that thread and wanted in...

If those people on the list choose to do nothing with it, they lose out on the innovation in the digital guitar gear revolution that is seemingly taking place. My guess is 95% of the people on the waiting list will commit to purchasing the product. If they are those who just want to purchase to resell, let them but condemn the action. My 2 cents...

I was on the wait list for the Axe II a couple of years ago. Here is part of the email I got when my name came up:

"Limit 1 per customer. Please do not share this code with anyone. This code is valid for 30 days but there is no time limit on your purchase. If you need more than 30 days please let us know when you are ready to purchase and we will send you a new code at that time. There is no need to request a time extension."

I have no idea if this will be the procedure for the AX8, but at least it gives you something to talk about while we wait ;).
Thanks TFC, this is the information that I was kind of looking for here. Even if it changes, it must work-out some way like you mentioned. Everyone that gets an e-mail saying it's their turn will not be ready. Nick here has already said that he ran into an unfortunate money issue w/ his wife's car. I know two guys that got on the list before me that have decided on trying the Helix 1st & they are are still waiting for their Helix shipments that will go out next week. Lots of Helix guys on this list are also keeping it too so who knows.

It's really all about timing here in the end..............& we'll see when the actual e-mails start to go out.

This forum is going to light-up like an X-Mas tree on CRACK when that happens anyways! :D

I'll wait as along as it takes & if only 20% of the people in front of me drop-out, then that will help out a bit too.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share their 2-cents! :cool:

X

Last edited:
I am on that list and I have an AmpliFire+TB-5+DVP3 on the way already, so I'll have to make use of those courtesy 30 days for sure and cash in a little more money :)

You'd think we'll be seeing the manual pretty soon, yeah?

Unless they're waiting until the ax8 ships to release it.

When has it come out with past products?

Usually, BEFORE they begin taking money, they release the manual, update the product page on the website, update the support page with new product firmware, new editor, etc... It makes sense to do all that first so people know 'exactly' what they are paying for, in detail.

Somehow my request to be on the waitlist (and verification it was received) was sent using my icloud.com account from my phone which I never use... I was stuck in traffic heading home on I95.
So in all probability the ONLY EMAIL I will ever received in icloud.com is from FAS telling me time to buy... yet, I still check my icloud account hourly LOL.

.... so you're saying the WAITLIST craze is really only part 1 , in the AX8 debate ?

NOW , if someone misses their email notification , and others , further down the list , respond to their notification first , the early birds on the WAITLIST , could potentially lose their spot (in line) , making it so they won't get their hands on a unit any sooner than........ spring of next year ?!!!!! OMG !!

Relax everyone. Sorry . I didnt mean to fuel the fire. :)
I think as long as the rest of you guys check your email at least twice a week , you'll be fine. ;)
I'd like to stay here and chat , but i've gotta go check my email. Bye. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom