Is FX8 going to obsolete when AX8 COMES OUT ????

I SEE THE AX8 COMING. WHAT HAPPENS TO FX8? I SPENT $1,300.00 PLUS 3 YEAR WARRANTY ON THE FX8 I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WOULD A CONSTANT UPGRADE TO THIS UNIT. NOW I SEE AX8 COMING. WHAT HAPPENS TO FX8 WHEN AX8 COMES OUT? CAN I TRADE IN THIS UNIT FOR THE AX8?

Obsolete? Absolutely not, they are different beasts. They both have their places in the Fractal line up and will both get support and updates.

I see the AX8 coming. what happens to FX8? I spent $1,300.00 plus 3 year warranty on the FX8 i was told that there would a constant upgrade to this unit. now I see AX8 coming. what happens to FX8 when AX8 comes out? Can I trade in this unit for the AX8?

I fixed your post!

Now, the FX8 is optimized to run 4CM. The AX8 is not. They are 2 different units with different purposes. If you prefer to go full modeling and not use your amp, then the AX8 would be a good choice. If you want to use your amp, stick with the FX8.

Cliff explained that there a number of different components (op amps, relays etc... ) in the FX8 that optimize it for use in 4cm (extreme low noise, true bypass, unity gain leveling abilities and other aspects) that just aren't in the AX8 and AxeFx. It's very much built for that specific purpose and, in my experience so far, is outstanding for it.

Another perspective on this, though...

I run my FX8 stereo into the front end of 2 Suhr Bellas. No loops or 4cm. Don't use relays to switch boost. Sounds freaking awesome.

An AX8, used in the same setup without amp or cab modelling, might make my FX8 obsolete...

Another perspective on this, though...

I run my FX8 stereo into the front end of 2 Suhr Bellas. No loops or 4cm. Don't use relays to switch boost. Sounds freaking awesome.

An AX8, used in the same setup without amp or cab modelling, might make my FX8 obsolete...

Yeah. This.

But it depends on the individual. Maybe you'd never ever use amp\cab modelling. In that case, AX8 offers nothing over FX8 whatsoever.

I have 5 different amps: 2 Fender Twin Reverb RI's, a '78 Hiwatt DR103, a newer Hiwatt combo and a PRS original Sewell. None of these have effects loops. In fact, I've never owned an amp with one. The FX8 is perfect for me. It gives me amazing effects from which to choose and the most ergonomic and economic way of organizing them for playing live. For me, the AX8 would be fewer stomp box options from which to choose in exchange for amp modeling I'll never use. I know I'm not the only one in this situation. So, these two devices easily should be able to coexist on the market.

My only concern is that customer support (which from my own experience has been exemplary) could be stretched a bit thin with two new devices hitting the market so close together...but who knows. :encouragement:

For me, the AX8 would be fewer stomp box options from which to choose in exchange for amp modeling I'll never use. I know I'm not the only one in this situation. So, these two devices easily should be able to coexist on the market.

What makes you think the AX8 will have fewer stomp box options? Did I miss something?

I'm under the impression the AX8 will have all the same FX blocks as FX8... plus amp and cab.

What makes you think the AX8 will have fewer stomp box options? Did I miss something?

I'm under the impression the AX8 will have all the same FX blocks as FX8... plus amp and cab.

Watching that Amp Show demo and reading some of the posts, my understanding was that there would be the same types of effects, but fewer versions of each from which to choose.

Back
Top Bottom