Is Fractal Audio working with Korn?

Was just thumbing through some phone pics and found this one when we were in Mexico last year(with Annihilator) and recalled this thread.
It's not a Fractal unit,..but it's a sticker!!! Hahaha!

Attachments

• IMG_20141025_170136.jpg
    IMG_20141025_170136.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 54
Recent pic posted by Munky. They have always been pretty adamant about sticking with tube amps and a crap ton of pedals. I'm sure they've tried modeling stuff, and maybe even used some on recordings, but, even if that's the case, I don't see them making it public.
12241387_474257096090822_4179200930169824600_n.jpg

Jealous of that Digitech XP100 Whammy /Wah pedal tho...

One thing I respect is with all of the gear available look at some of the pedals they're using, refreshing to see not everything has to be a boutique piece of gear.

One thing I respect is with all of the gear available look at some of the pedals they're using, refreshing to see not everything has to be a boutique piece of gear.

And with all due respect to KoRn because I love and am okay with most of their music, tone and clarity has never been something they strived for anyhow. BOSS and Digitech pedals probably got them "that" sound that they wanted which is great. :D

Meh, I get it. It's kind of cool to be able to say "I have the exact same piece of gear as my favorite band/guitar player". What is is even more cool than that is that when an artist uses a Fractal, you really can get EXACTLY their gear and sound, since there are no "top secret mods" to a Fractal unit. You could go buy a 1990's Dual Rec, but it might not sound exactly like the artists. That is the nature of tube amps and real cabs. They are all different, and mods get done to them, etc.

With a Fractal, if you understand the parameters well enough, or can get the preset, then you can copy it.

For me, it's actually a reason why I still like when bands and artists I like stay with old school setups. I like a bit of mystery and unpredictability on the tonal landscape. I love old school Rig Rundowns. Long live 40 space refrigerator mega racks and 6' x 3' pedal boards! (For them. Not for me!)

Back
Top Bottom