Is FAS prepared for high demand at launch?

They had a waiting list for the Axe Ultra, AxeII, MFC-101, FX8, and AX8. I don’t know about the original AxeFX: that was before my time with Fractal.

I know shortages were an issue with the Axe Fx II, so I'm wondering what, if any, preparations are being made to accommodate the throngs of buyers for the III?
Let's see...
24 for Metallica
12 for U2
10 for Misha
3 for Devin
40 for the rest of Artists roster
100 for G66
1 for Chris
10 for Australia
100 for waiting list early worms
that's about 300!!

...second batch shipping Summer '18

ps.- i hope i'm sooo wrong! :)

I snagged my II a month or two after it came out and I wasn't on a wait list. I diligently kept checking the online store and when it said "In Stock" and I jumped on it (and couldn't believe my eyes). Definitely lucked out...by the time I completed my order a few minutes later, they were sold out again.

This is a strange question.
straight forward, valid question which got also a good answer from Cliff. I was wondering also about this, since i just sold my axe fx 2 xl to finance the III. People like me we hope not to wait too long to have the new unit since we rely on axe on stage and in our studio...and cant afford to get one without selling the older unit.

note: i totaly understand if the manufacturers cant answer these questions sometimes since there are so many
variables. But for the customers, IMHO its a simple-normal question.

Last edited:
I snagged my II a month or two after it came out and I wasn't on a wait list. I diligently kept checking the online store and when it said "In Stock" and I jumped on it (and couldn't believe my eyes). Definitely lucked out...by the time I completed my order a few minutes later, they were sold out again.
I was one of those who got one in my cart for a few seconds, but wasn't able to check out fast enough. lol It worked out, though. I got on the wait-list relatively early and my name came up soon enough. Hopefully things work out similarly this time around as well. :)

I didn't expect the AxeFx III when it was announced, so I'm just treating the whole scenario as a bonus and when I get it, I get it. Not that I won't be jealous of those in line before me posting pics and vids, but the AxeII is still handling its duties with aplomb.

I remember buying my first Boogie. Back then, you had to make a downpayment first to get in the queue with your order, then you started the 4 to 6 month wait! While I would love to see that FAS email this morning, I have certainly endured longer waits than we do here. :)

It doesn’t make me more patient or less curious about when that email will come... just some perspective of how things have changed.

I grabbed a used AX8 for the wait after I sold my XL/MFC setup.

I assumed it will be a awhile.

It’s amazing that after 30+ years of playing no gear has me as excited as Fractal. To make it more exciting I was able to squirrel just enough for the new unit. Wife just needed emergency car repair AND wants to eat! She can be so selfish

Some years back, from concept to delivery, I waited four years for a custom-built guitar. I spent a lot of time in lotus, in contemplation . . . in deprivation.

Back
Top Bottom