Is downgrading always possible?

Bluepowder

Hello,
Paul from Paris, France.

Totally new to the axe fx 2, just bought it yesterday.

I have a question, i couldnt find one official answer.

I get the general idea how you update firmwares, backup an axe using fractal bot but, i am not dead certain wether i can go back to quantum if i update to ares.

I have an axe fx 2 mk2, currently running quantum 9.01 oct 30 2017 (thats what displayed in the firmware tab of the utility section).

I read here and there people going back to quantum but, is it always possible, is it a policy at fractal to always allow downgrading?

Just want to be precautious, i know too well about how apple deal with updates...

Better safe than sorry, thanks in advance.

If you've installed Ares, created / saved presets, and then downgrade to Quantum, those presets won't show up anymore on your device.

If you've installed Ares, created / saved presets, and then downgrade to Quantum, those presets won't show up anymore on your device.
I’am aware of this.
I have not upgraded nor i have created any presets yet.
I just wanna make sure i can go back to quantum whatever happens.

If you back up all your presets and settings before update, and have the old firm ware download and edit firmware saved it can all be restored if you do not like the newer up date, but do make sure all is backed up and saved first if you have doubts. I think once you readjust your old presets you will be very happy with the latest ares.

If you back up all your presets and settings before update, and have the old firm ware download and edit firmware saved it can all be restored if you do not like the newer up date, but do make sure all is backed up and saved first if you have doubts. I think once you readjust your old presets you will be very happy with the latest ares.

« edit firmware »?
Something else than a firmware downloaded through the fractal site?

I'm not sure if you can go down so deep. A few months ago I tried to install FW12, a bank and system backup to get back a patch I did not save individually earlier. Had the Axe Fx blocked seriously, and needed to do a few of HW resets to get the unit stabilised so to reinstall Arex 2. Guess this has to do with the systemfile. Maybe I did not do things in the correct order but I'd not go back under FW14 or 15. Anyway, but IMHO Ares 2 is really the best you can have with Axe Fx 2.

« edit firmware »?
Something else than a firmware downloaded through the fractal site?
I am pretty sure the axe edit software in your pc has to match the firm ware you have loaded in the axe fx, if you use the computer editor.

I think FW18 is the lowest but i'm not sure any quantum fw should possible but presets from that need to be already saved to be able to use.

Back
Top Bottom