Is Cab Lab a good buy?

MetalGarret

Inspired
I was googling about IRs and I came across Cab Lab. Is it worth to 20 bucks? Its sounds like there are limitless possibilities with it.

I haven't purchased it yet, but will do so after the Ultra Ir/firmware is released. From the looks of it, this will help greatly with that, and from what I have been reading people are very pleased with it after purchase so i'd say go for it:)

What does it let you do? I bought the Modern and Vintage OwnHammer Packs. Does it allow you to put all your cabs in one place?

yes I use it all the time , IMO it is "the way" to audition cabs and it lets you create your own mixes of cabs which is priceless when trying to get "your" sound

yes I use it all the time , IMO it is "the way" to audition cabs and it lets you create your own mixes of cabs which is priceless when trying to get "your" sound

This is the goal. And 20 american dollars is chump change to me. Imma get it.

Yes absolutely and +1000 once UltraRes is available ... which may be ... wait for it ... aaaaannnnyyyyy day now! :encouragement:

Disclaimer: I don't know when its coming - whenever it gets here - it will be worth the wait! :)

I haven't purchased it yet, but will do so after the Ultra Ir/firmware is released. From the looks of it, this will help greatly with that, and from what I have been reading people are very pleased with it after purchase so i'd say go for it:)

Is this true? Will the Ultra be supported too?

Well worth it, IMHO, if you spend even just a bit of time working with downloadable IR's. I use it to audition and download IR's, and the mixer is a great tool to create your own custom blends. That will ultimately save you IR slots in the AxeFX.

Terry.

Well worth it, IMHO, if you spend even just a bit of time working with downloadable IR's. I use it to audition and download IR's, and the mixer is a great tool to create your own custom blends. That will ultimately save you IR slots in the AxeFX.

Terry.

Can I audition them in real-time? Cause I keep having to send the IR mix to scratchpad to hear anything and I cant really adjust the levels accurately that way.

Can I audition them in real-time? Cause I keep having to send the IR mix to scratchpad to hear anything and I cant really adjust the levels accurately that way.

As DukeOfPrunes said, no.

There are two real-time options. The first is to use one or two stereo cabs in the AxeFX, although you will be limited to mixing four IR's. Once you have your mix set you can create a single blended IR using CabLab.

The second option is to use a tool like Redwirez MixIR2 in a DAW. Turn off the Cab sim and route your AxeFX into your DAW, tweak to taste and then again, use CabLab to build the final blended IR.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom