Is Axe-Fx III at all portable?

teof

Inspired
Hi guys who owns AX-Fx III, can I enquire if the unit is at all portable to jam sessions? Or its ridiculous heavy? Most grateful if you could share your experiences. Thanks.

Hi teof
depends - if you put the iii in a light rack, and used a couple of powered wedges, it’s two trips to the car.
thanks
pauly

Absolutely it's portable

I have mine in a SKB shallow 4u rack with a power conditioner, and my FC6 and 2 expression pedals on a Pedaltrain Classic 1 in a softcase with shoulder strap. I take them to rehearsal every week and gigs a couple of times a month.

I can do the trip from the car to wherever we're playing in 1 trip - 2 if I'm taking more guitars. Set up is a breeze too, I'm always the first ready to go while everyone else is carting in gear and micing up cabs etc

It weights 15 lbs 2.4 oz / 6.87 kg. If you install it on a portable rack, either hard case or soft bag, it will be portable :balloon:

Last edited:
Shallow 4 u case with my wireless is very light. I have a 2u shallow case that has a mic mixer and my iem i sit on top, both of those still very light.

I bring mine to and from the studio for practice in a 4u case with a Matrix power amp. Best to leave an extra speaker at the practice space to use for it or the ability to go FOH if you have a nice PA to listen through during rehearsals to adjust tones.

Very easily can be carried in and out so you can focus on your tone at home or rehearsal.

Had an AxeII that I did the same with and also gigged with a AX8 for years. When FM3 comes along I will use that for rehearsal and small gigs.

Hey guys...thanks so much for the overwhelming responses. This has been very helpful!
Just one question, I notice you guys have emphasized the use of light racks. Im pretty new to racks. Should I be looking at a 3U that's about 4kg or even lighter (if there's such in the mkt?)?
Thanks again!

Hey guys...thanks so much for the overwhelming responses. This has been very helpful!
Just one question, I notice you guys have emphasized the use of light racks. Im pretty new to racks. Should I be looking at a 3U that's about 4kg or even lighter (if there's such in the mkt?)?
Thanks again!
You asked if it’s portable. I think people are just saying “get a lighter rack rather than a heavier one.” Not sure it’s being emphasized other than that lighter things are more portable.

I have a rig that fits in a Mono Tick bag complete with cables and a guitar stand.....so it depends what you mean by portable. Would I want to carry a rack based rig around? Most of the time, nope.

Back
Top Bottom