Is Axe edit now working with v7?

rudomat

Inspired
????...i find the infos about all that pretty poor, to be honest...i'd actually wish axe edit to work with the new firmware as soon as it's released...no - i don't want to edit the axe fx without axe edit!!!!

Posted today:

I've been using Axe-Edit 1.0.317 with FW 7.00 on OS X with no serious problems except for the occasional lockup.

That particular problem and many others should be addressed at root cause when a new build, codenamed "TNP" is out, sometime next month.

In the meantime, there will also be a build to address several 7.0 related bugs.

????...i find the infos about all that pretty poor, to be honest...i'd actually wish axe edit to work with the new firmware as soon as it's released...no - i don't want to edit the axe fx without axe edit!!!!

So you would prefer the firmware to be delayed cus the editor have a few bugs?
Fair enough. I personally would rather have the firmware as soon as its ready, and then learn to use the frontpanel until the editor works flawless.

I had to roll back to 6.01. This is the first time I've ever done this (Ultra user before AXII). I just could not get my tones back. I do believe AXE Edit is screwy, no lockups but parameters just dont show up right. Had to be sure I wasnt crazy, but since I rolled back, bingo my juicy tones were back.
So I'm gonna try it again today, but not use AXe edit to edit. Just hate using that little green screen lol.
If I'm able to be happy with the tones then, I'll blame it on the editor!!!

NEW Paradigm!!
NEW Paradigm!!
Please

Yes, screwy things in the latest Axe Edit with 7.0 ... use at your own risk. I had some problems with presets saved from Axe Edit to the Axe, as well as seeing default amps (Bassman) popping up in my X/Y amp setups. But others have used it without glitch.

The Axe Edit is great for me ... but I use the front panel now, will until the new Axe Edit comes out, and that is fine. But the Axe Edit does save me a ton of time. It is all good. Version 7.0 just kills, the new amps are phenominal. Like a candy store ... again ....

...I've been using Axe-Edit 1.0.317 with FW 7.00 on OS X with no serious problems except for the occasional lockup...

you're not playing much live, do you...? Occasional lockups are more than a serious problem, it's a real desaster!!! It's the only reason to consider selling the unit actually...i can't use a unit that's occasionally locking up and i'm still negatively impressed by the problems i've had when all these troubles with axe edit and the unit locking up first happened to appear....!!!

and i don't think the way we are getting informed about these serious problems is very professional....;-(...sorry!!!

...I've been using Axe-Edit 1.0.317 with FW 7.00 on OS X with no serious problems except for the occasional lockup...

you're not playing much live, do you...? Occasional lockups are more than a serious problem, it's a real desaster!!! It's the only reason to consider selling the unit actually...i can't use a unit that's occasionally locking up and i'm still negatively impressed by the problems i've had when all these troubles with axe edit and the unit locking up first happened to appear....!!!

and i don't think the way we are getting informed about these serious problems is very professional....;-(...sorry!!!

Do you use Axe Edit when you play live?

Back
Top Bottom