Is Ax8 capable to mimic that (Ehx Mel5)?

Nop :) We don't have polyphonic synts. And I really don't think we will have neither it's needed. Cus they are basically just toys, not useful in any live scenarios or recordings.

There is a better solution, Fishman Triple-play midi pickup aaand you are a midi keyboard player with all soundbanks. It works like a charm.

These EHX pedals are just toys in terms of sound quality, and of course you can plug those pedals into the ax-8, in front.

Nop :) We don't have polyphonic synts. And I really don't think we will have neither it's needed. Cus they are basically just toys, not useful in any live scenarios or recordings.

There is a better solution, Fishman Triple-play midi pickup aaand you are a midi keyboard player with all soundbanks. It works like a charm.

These EHX pedals are just toys in terms of sound quality, and of course you can plug those pedals into the ax-8, in front.

Well, thanks for deciding what everyone else can like and use :)
I don't think I would use a lot of the EH stuff but that does not preclude anyone else from having the option.

Reactions: JTI
I think a poly synth would be very useful even if it was somewhat a CPU hog.

The Roland stuff is popular because it is useful right?

I use the mono synth in our shows for the violin sound. Blows people away how expressive it is and the tracking is better than any Roland rig I've played.

Reactions: JTI
Watcher of the Skies. Cool! Early Genesis is the best.

The pedal sounds like a reasonable emulation of these sounds, but still not as good as a good keyboard. I like it! I may have to pick one up.

I suspect you would have better luck with the Axe Fx, you have more synth and pitch blocks to make the EHX tones.

I use the mono synth in our shows for the violin sound. Blows people away how expressive it is and the tracking is better than any Roland rig I've played.

Can you share your AX8 violin preset? I loved the one from the old Ultra days but haven't found a good one since.

I suspect you would have better luck with the Axe Fx, you have more synth and pitch blocks to make the EHX tones.

Not for these tones. These are specifically emulating the Mellotron. Those tones are very unique and iconic to early prog and the late 60's/early 70's. Even with keyboards, you can't get these tones without something specifically configured (or sampled) to reproduce them.

Wow, really?!! Could you post a patch with the violin sounds?

Wow, really?!! Could you post a patch with the violin sounds?

The two filter blocks are attached to controllers and used for negative volume. In other words, when I bypass a filter block, the preset gets louder.

So I have three volume levels: soft (both filter blocks engaged), med (one filter block bypassed), loud (both filter blocks bypassed).

upload_2017-2-17_6-28-3.png

The Cab is the cello body IR that has to be loaded into a user cab slot.

upload_2017-2-17_6-29-26.png

Attachments

• Violin barh.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 58
  • U0217_Cello_Body.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom