Is Ax edit working smoothly in firmware 10 yet?

Ace79

Haven't been here for a while, and haven't updated to ten yet. So, Is Ax edit working smoothly in firmware 10 yet?

Thanks

Even The Man himself posted in some thread that he wouldn't trust AE... enough for me to stay away.

You can use it at your own risk
I use it! Slowly! And never save any preset directly to axe! Export first to disk
Sometimes axe edit crashes! And even sometimes axe fx hangs!... Scary!
But thanks giving to this ax edit version i can test yek! Fremen! Simeon presets! All of them awesome and i'm learning so much from them...

I use it all the time. Every now and then it glitches and you have to restart it. Not a big deal. Now and then - and this might not be AE's fault - it "loses" an IR or zeroes out the level. Reload/reset and you're good. Great for me as I never did get good at the front panel.

I remember that an earlier version massled some presets that bad that I had to delete them. Who knew what would have happened if I had stored them to the internal backup store, I guess it could have damaged the ROM? Who can say if they found and fixed everthing?

But it's the best AE they ever released and I was using it a lot since. Some small bugs and after a while it gets funky and needs a restart.

You could use AE reduced. Take it only for the things that it can do best, like getting an overview over a prest, moving things in the grid, copying and pasting effects including the assigned modifiers, copying and shifting bunches of presets at once, storing patches on your pc, exporting stuff and settings and so on.

Editing a certain effect while listening to how the sound changes is something you can do much better directly at the axe....knobs with fast response instead of fiddling with a mouse and having a latency for the data to be send to the unit.

When AE starts to work weird or the midi lights show funky behavior, you better close it and restart.

It works but there seems to be lag time as it syncs up and to me it's irritating. I've been so far away from Axe Edit for so long now.. as much as I love it. It's quicker for me to use the front panel. Plus it's nice to have actual knobs and buttons.

It has worked without flaw for me on My Mac.
I loaded Cabs, Loaded Presets, Loaded Factory Banks.
Had no problems. But others have.
I did use the "New" Working Directory and Left my old working Directory in place, my VMWare with Windows and AxeEdit 1.0.318 still access that one for referencing patches at various revisions... Perhaps the people having problems pointed to their old Working Directory???
I mostly edit from the Front Panel Nowadays cause I am more efficient from the front panel, plus it keeps me well practiced for Live Tweaking.

It has been working fine here as well until last night when I hit my first hiccup...
I was trying to set up ext3 pedal to control drive, and AE wouldn't remember my controller parameter changes no matter what I tried. It would look correct and I would close the modifier window, but when I'd take a second look everything was back to default. Exited, rebooted, opened back up and then it worked. Strange.

I use it all the time. Every now and then it glitches and you have to restart it. Not a big deal. Now and then - and this might not be AE's fault - it "loses" an IR or zeroes out the level. Reload/reset and you're good. Great for me as I never did get good at the front panel.

Me too...I even switch presets etc etc...pretty much everything using AE...its just easier on the eyes...

@Ace79 , if you have not read the threads yet, just to clarify since you have not been here for a while.

The new AE was not ready to be released at the time v10 was. There was a decision made by fractal, based on feedback from some users and fractal artists IIRC, to release a workable version of AE , until the new one is ready.

I am glad they did, just remember it can crash on occasion and act up a bit from time to time. When changing any of the parameters , or blocks , let the change take effect before making the next move. Watch the "midi lights" flicker and you will be able to tell when it takes place, and then do your next move. This has helped keeping it stable for the most part, at least for me.

To summarize...

• it works fine for many.
  • some have issues with it, many do not.
  • It's a Beta release.
  • Go slow.
  • Try it and see (make backups of everything first).

Some people have no problems. For me - it corrupted a lot of things and I had to reinstall FW 10 + reload all my user cabs. Weird... weird things started happening. Like after I used Axe Edit, when I turned on speaker drive in the cab block, it sounded like someone covered my monitors with a wet gym sock and then never quite sounded normal again. Since I reinstalled I haven't touched it. A lot of other folks have had fine experiences though, so I say back up your system, give her a go and if all else fails, reinstall.

So, Is Ax edit working smoothly in firmware 10 yet?

RRnhhqW.gif

crazy-laugh-o.gif

1348327581133.gif

Back
Top Bottom