Is Atomic Amps dead?

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I'm curious because I've been trying to get a replacement grill cloth now for about a year and a half and sometimes I get a response asking for more info and then nothing. Now my fan is going out on that same wedge and need a replacement. Their facebook page hasn't been updated since April, which was the last time I got a response from them. Anybody have a phone number or some other way to contact them?

Yeah, haven't we been waiting on a Jay Mitchell Coaxial powered FRFR from them for like 2 years and still there is no mention of it.

Hi Sidivan, I just replied to the email that hit my inbox about 10 minutes to go. Last time you asked about grill cloth we had no extra stock. Anyway, check your email. Thanks!

-TK

Hi Sidivan, I just replied to the email that hit my inbox about 10 minutes to go. Last time you asked about grill cloth we had no extra stock. Anyway, check your email. Thanks!

-TK

I sent a couple of emails inquiring about the availability of the 50/50 power-amp. I never got a response. I'm not sure if it was received or not. When do you expect it to be back in stock?

-TK

Thanks Tom! Yeah, I sent that email the same time I posted here. Looking forward to hearing from you on monday.

Update: 9 days later and still don't have a followup from Tom. I sent him another email on Thursday last week (9/13), but it seems the only way to get attention is to post in a public forum. I just want to know what kind of fan to replace in my wedge so I can use it again.

Maybe give G66 a shout (the European distributors), they're still stocking the Atomics so will possibly be carrying spares or hopefully point you to the right fan to replace yours.

Maybe give G66 a shout (the European distributors), they're still stocking the Atomics so will possibly be carrying spares or hopefully point you to the right fan to replace yours.

FWIW, g66 is short of cabs (they only got wedges in stock) and they have no info from Atomic. I also sent a couple of emails directly to Atomic (about getting cabs in europe) and never got any reply. That gives me the feeling that they are not reliable and doesn't make me feel like buying their stuff. Dead or alive, looks pretty much the same to me. OTOH, I've heard that several other companies may release new FRFR products soon (October-ish)...

Yeah, perhaps Atomic's apparent lack of communication skills led to the separation of the relationship between them and FAS. I obviously don't know this to be the case, and it is pure speculation on my part. All I know for sure is that for me, I will not buy products from any company that has these types of communications issues. I appreciate others sharing their experiences with companies like this. It helps others avoid making a bad purchasing decision. On the flip side, I also appreciate others sharing their experiences with great companies like FAS and Matrix, and a few others. I know those shared experiences helped me make informed decisions prior to major purchases, and I'm grateful. We all need to continue to share honest opinions and experiences, both negative and positive, about these companies with each other. Just my $0.02.

Update: Tom got back to me within an hour after I posted the last update. He didn't have an extra grill in stock, so he contacted a guy that builds his prototype cabs and had him frame up some cloth for me. I received the tracking number for both the cloth and the fan just now! This was at no cost to me, which was unexpected and very appreciated. Thanks Tom!

Update: Tom got back to me within an hour after I posted the last update. He didn't have an extra grill in stock, so he contacted a guy that builds his prototype cabs and had him frame up some cloth for me. I received the tracking number for both the cloth and the fan just now! This was at no cost to me, which was unexpected and very appreciated. Thanks Tom!

After your outed him here and complained of an 18 month wait for parts.

Back
Top Bottom