Is arrived the time for Axe-Fx III to profile an amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That it will not result in anything meaningful. You are not questioning a representative part of the users and you have no idea what the outcome will mean.
I think I'm grown enough to understand the value and meaning of something, and also free to do it anyway even if it doesn't have scientific rigor, especially if it was never meant to have it.

If you don't like that poll just ignore it.
Do you usually go around social media to tell people not to share cats pics cuz they're meaningless?

I think I'm grown enough to understand the value and meaning of something, and also free to do it anyway even if it doesn't have scientific rigor, especially if it was never meant to have it.

If you don't like that poll just ignore it.
Do you usually go around social media to tell people not to share cats pics cuz they're meaningless?

With your poll you are trying to prove one of your silly statements. Anyway I am done feeding the troll and am going to play my guitar.

With your poll you are trying to prove one of your silly statements. Anyway I am done feeding the troll and am going to play my guitar.
What statement? I didn't participate into this discussion at all except for saying I've never bought a preset.
I think you're confusing me for someone else, take note of who you're talking to or you'll end up being the silly one.

I voted "Yes, but never/rarely use them", and why would you think the poll is not representative? All it has to be is of a decent sample size to be representative, there's no right or wrong answer that would only attract a certain demographic.

Personally, I have purchased both IR's and Presets based on other's reactions. I used to use 3rd party IRs, but there's such an extensive set built in nowadays (many which are cherry-picked from 3rd parties) that I no longer feel the need. My experience with others' presets is far less positive. I'll bet they sound amazing given the right guitar and player, but they never seem to be exactly what I'm looking for, so I just create my own from scratch.

To be clear, the Quad Cortex approach modeling + profiling (or machine learning) will NEVER happen for the axefxIII?
No offense here just asking because I have FM3 and Kemper and just want one little box to do that and planning to sell both to buy the QC. I love the way I can load MBritt profiles without any tweak and having super great tones and fun. In other way for some projects I love to tweak the FM3. Other thing is also that I profiled my father’s amps and they just feel like home. Planning to do the same with QC. Not sure about the patent ToneJunkie talked about in his last video but apparently Cliff don’t want to push forward for near future. Only Cliff can answer the question, thanks guys.

Maybe with a even more accurate tone matching fonction and more commercials about this function .... I will try as soon as I can to tone match my amp . I just see marco’s video in YouTube and the result seems darker than the real thing . This is a very interesting function .
i have done my own irs and it works very well and it’s easy to do . We can do a lot of thing with the axe 😌

Except that it barely runs in real-time without oversampling. Once you oversample it won't run in real time.
Are you into the machine learning hype? Guess you could make the AxefxIII run those stuff pretty easily, and they don’t use patented machine learning scripts...
BTW I find their plugins fizzy as hell. I don’t understand how some dudes can compare it to Kemper or AxeFxIII. AxeFxIII is cool. But I want it to do the black box stuff for my need to get my father’s soldano who was played by Knopfler in the eighties.
For you it would be easy as hell to be the king of both world white and black boxes.

I have something even better. Waiting for my patent approval.

Waiting for actual patent approval or waiting to file the patent application?

It can take years to get a patent granted after filing the application. You should definitely wait until the application is filed before publicly disclosing the tech.

Personally I'm not interested either..though tone match gets close already.

I came to the conclusion a decade or so ago (whenever kemper came out) they are 2 different products for 2 outcomes.

Profiling is for people who "hear a sound and want that sound". A copy of something specific.

Modelling is for people who hear a sound in their head and go out to make it reality.

I'm firmly in camp 2. Real amps frustrated me for years. No matter how great the amp evey one had something I couldn't quite dial in, or dial out, or shared eqs between channels, or compromised clean for drive (or vica versa). I couldt make them like the sound I was hearing in my head. Modelling done well does this.

I get why some might prefer profiling, I get some uses (real amp players who don't want to haul them on tour for instance). Just not my way.

I think of profilers as copiers and modellers as innovators kind of.

Last edited:
I have to say though, kemper is up against it. The quad cortex tonally is quite a lot better/closer than kempers are.....OK functionality and control is not there yet...but it sounds a lot more realistic than kempers do...

I kind of hope kemper gives up lol. Only because I play keys as well, have a virus ti desktop and it needs bringing up to date. Kemper might just get round to doing that if his profiling tech looses enough ground.

I have 18 patents granted just in USA and some more coming - it takes a long time if its utility at least 6 years - if its design 2 to 3 years - good luck on your patent Fractal :)
Oh sweet. Congrats on all your patents. What technology?

I’ve gotten hundreds of patents granted in the US, but as the agent/attorney, not the inventor. (And granted a bunch more when I was a patent examiner).

Regarding @paulmapp8306 ’s comments, I’m also in the modeling camp instead of the profiling camp. Which sounds kind of funny now that I made the comment because we own Axe-Fxs, so of course we are in the modeling camp. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom