Is arrived the time for Axe-Fx III to profile an amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RC Cola. Yuck!

Funny. My mom liked RC (Royal Crown) more than Coke/Pepsi so that's what we had growing up. Whenever I had Coke/Pepsi they seemed too sweet. Or too different. (Even though all colas are more similar than different.)

EDIT: Sugar content: Coke < Pepsi < RC

I’ve never bought a preset because I can make my own, tailored to my taste as others have stated. Where I have spent additional money (< $75 total?) is with some IRs, which was more out of curiosity, and I ended up using some on my record too along with stock IRs. The Axe III really is a complete package for me. I did a ton of research and for me, if Jimmy Eat World went with Fractal, then I certainly could too 🤘

I’ve never bought a preset because I can make my own, tailored to my taste as others have stated. Where I have spent additional money (< $75 total?) is with some IRs, which was more out of curiosity, and I ended up using some on my record too along with stock IRs. The Axe III really is a complete package for me. I did a ton of research and for me, if Jimmy Eat World went with Fractal, then I certainly could too 🤘
Exactly my experience!

most of the fractal people buy presets and im pretty sure you already did or downloaded presets from the Axechange,
"Most"? You based that on what information?

My guess is that most do not buy presets... But that's a guess.

I definitely have never purchased a preset since actively using Fractal products in 2013, and I've probably tried less than 20 presets that someone else created (excluding factory presets, which I also don't use).

I like playing with presets mostly "on my own" which goes beyond simply using the Axe to play guitar. Part of the joy is that it's like a sandbox filled with a variety of toys and new discoveries.

The only presets I have purchased (which took years for me to convince myself to do) are Austin Buddy's Naked Amps and Simeon's pack (with a donation). I then usually tweak them to my tastes. However, those--along with the factory ones--are already too much to audition and manage.

"Most"? You based that on what information?

My guess is that most do not buy presets... But that's a guess.

I definitely have never purchased a preset since actively using Fractal products in 2013, and I've probably tried less than 20 presets that someone else created (excluding factory presets, which I also don't use).
Personally I've never bought a preset since I got my first fractal device (6 years ago). It would be interesting to make a poll on this subject though

Personally I've never bought a preset since I got my first fractal device (6 years ago). It would be interesting to make a poll on this subject though
It would be, but only anecdotally, because there are a lot of Fractal owners who don't even know this forum exists ;)

But if you create one post a link. I'd be happy to respond and observe.

Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous. I hope the thread gets closed. Whatever the outcome of the poll is will not say anything about reality. It will bot be representative. You do not know how many fractal products are owned by how many users. You lack every basic info that you need to even interpret the outcome.
I am very happy that some pol have a kemper and are content with it. Money well spent I say.
I own an axe fx and am happy with it. Again, money well spent.
Now, since this is no longer a discussion that goes anywhere or has anything to add, lets stop here and talk about the axe itself again and no longer in comparison with other products.
Harm

Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous. I hope the thread gets closed. Whatever the outcome of the poll is will not say anything about reality. It will bot be representative. You do not know how many fractal products are owned by how many users. You lack every basic info that you need to even interpret the outcome.
I am very happy that some pol have a kemper and are content with it. Money well spent I say.
I own an axe fx and am happy with it. Again, money well spent.
Now, since this is no longer a discussion that goes anywhere or has anything to add, lets stop here and talk about the axe itself again and no longer in comparison with other products.
Harm

Serious answer: I don't see what's so ridiculous to push a moderator to close the thread. Its purpose is no different than any other poll made around the world: get some percentages about a topic.
And everyone familiar with statistics know that the error is inversely proportional to the sample size, if the sample is a good representation of the whole "population".
The population in our case is "all fractal users in the world" and "all users that visit the forum" is the best sample we can get

Serious answer: I don't see what's so ridiculous to push a moderator to close the thread. Its purpose is no different than any other poll made around the world: get some percentages about a topic.
And everyone familiar with statistics know that the error is inversely proportional to the sample size, if the sample is a good representation of the whole "population".
The population in our case is "all fractal users in the world" and "all users that visit the forum" is the best sample we can get

And those numbers are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom