Is anyone using Axe 2 usb with Logic?

I'm have trouble setting up my axe fx 2 going into Locic. I had it kinda working but I think I fluked it and now nothing. Can anyone walk me through the set up?

Thanks in advance

I use this method and it was plug and play for me. Just go to preferences tab in Logic and select your axe for your ins and boom. There you go.

EDIT: Unless you are using a dated Mac, or OS. I think there are known issues there.

You need to be more detailed in your setup and description of "nothing".

Does your Mac see the Axe-Fx as an input device? Does Logic see it as well? What version of OSX are you running?

Ok sorry, I'm only new to this. My Mac OSX version is 10.7.4 and the Mac and Logic are recognising it. When I said nothing I meant there is no sound. Cheers

So wait, let's go back to basics, are you getting sound in to Logic at all? Like, you get signal on the channel strip meters. It's just not coming out on playback?

Turn your Axe-FX on and then start Logic. Go to the Preference window and set your in- and output device(s). Here I have Duet selected as my output but the Axe-FX as input.

Untitled-1_zps0b302d54.jpg

You need to select the input source on the track you're recording to. Selecting 1 and 2 on a stereo track will give you the Axe-FX USB outputs.

Untitled-2_zpsd35c98b1.jpg

Selecting 3 and 4 will give you a direct signal for reamping.

I'm new to this, how do i do that and do you think that could be causing the problem? I have reset everything and now I'm getting guitar sound but it is on even when the track is not armed and I have done the fx loop thing but still there is sound.

Untitled-2_zpsa4dc218b.jpg

To toggle a channel from mono to stereo you use the little "O" button marked with an arrow. You need to highlight the track you're aiming to record to first. When in mono, you'll see this button marked with an "O". When in stereo - it's "OO". Changing a track to stereo won't cause you any problems, no. On the contrary, all recording from the unit should be done on stereo tracks, IMHO.

Unfortunately I don't know what you mean by FX loop thing. Please elaborate.

No offense, but I would spend some time with the Logic manual. Creating mono vs. stereo tracks should be explained around page 1.

Back
Top Bottom