Is anyone successfully using auto-audition in Axe-Manage-Cabs?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I get into Tools->Axe-Manage-Cabs and get the listing of cabs. I click auto-audition, and I get an instructional panel. When I click OK, I see MIDI activity, the edited light comes on, and the preset in my Axe-FX II does set the cabinets in the patch to scratchpad1 and scratchpad2. So far so good. Now the problem: highlight an IR or clicking on it does not send the cabinet to the AXE. I see no MIDI activity and the scratchpad1 in the AXE is empty. What am I doing wrong?

Also - is this the most efficient way to audition cabs? How are others doing it? Thanks!!!

Auto-Audition lets you audition cabs in the browser window of Axe-Manage. It's not for auditioning cabs that are already loaded into the Axe. You can audition those just by selecting them (you don't need Axe-Manage for that).

And yes, it's a very efficient way to audition cabs.

Use the browser and then choose your directory where you have stored your IRs. Since the browser also lets you select sub-folders and also bank files when scanning you can audition a massive amount of CABS in no time at all. Given of course that your IRs are stored under same main folder and not scattered all around your hard drive ;)

But auto audition of already existing cabs... hmm.. would be cool feature. I think it works for presets in the manager

Thanks guys! I was trying to use it to audition cabs that were already loaded, which would also be a cool feature.

I'm not sure why you'd need a separate auto-audition feature for cabs already loaded into the Axe. In Axe-Edit, just click on the cab name, then click on the pin to nail down the window. Now click any installed cab you like. Instant auto-audition.

It confused me too. Every window in axe-edit puts the name of the window in upper left corner. Cab-manage has "browser" in upper left, leading you to believe it's the browser window. It's not.

For anyone else, all you do is click the pulldown menu on "browser" and select "display/hide" and it'll reveal a one-column browser window -- THAT'S the browser window. The interface design is confusing here, and I'm not sure where the link is to the user manual on this feature so I was on my own for figuring it out.

Once the actual browser window is open, you navigate to and load the cab folder and then audition from there. The auto-audition button enables one-click and up/down arrow navigation.

The main issue I have is while you're auditioning a cab, you can't adjust amp tone controls to see if the cab you're auditioning is "the one." That's a real pain. You can grab knobs on axe-fx front panel, but cab-manage starts throwing up alerts that you have to click out of every time you do, which really slows down the audition process. Audition feature is really cool but isn't user-friendly yet.

I love Axe-Edit, don't get me wrong, but for auditioning a ton of IR's AxeFXSend is the best thing going. And you can use both apps at the same time.

I Googled, and found out I wasn't losing my mind, you fellas had the same thoughts as me, although as your posts are old, you're most likely experts with the Axe now!!

Back
Top Bottom