Is anyone sending Midi CC to AF2 for reamping?

stm113

Power User
As the thread title says. Has anyone been doing this and if so how?

I would like to be able to use cc’s from DAW to turn modifiers on and off during reamping.

while we are on the subject has anyone tried to record automation for a way to send from DAW to AF2? Did you use an expression pedal?

Thanks guys!

Sure do it all the time in my live show, just MIDI Out on the DAW from a MIDI track, to MIDI In on the AXE II.

As to drawing or programming the MIDI with a expression pedal, your choice as the AXE II doesn't care.

I enabled my AF2 as a midi device in Sonar, but then my AF2 got all funky, when I would move. Knob it would automatically go back to its previous position. When I disabled the AF2 as a midi device in Sonar it all went back to normal. Is there a setting in the AF2 I should change?

Are you sending midi through usb or midi cable through your interface?

I'm using MIDI via cable as we're using Ableton LIVE on stage as well, so long cable runs etc.

In the studio I still use MIDI over cable as my studios have MIDI Interfaces.

I haven't ever done it via MIDI/USB, so no experience there?

I think I am going to try midi tonight since my Scarlett has a midi jack.

For the other question about an expression pedal for writing automation, I have a Mission (EP1 I think) pedal that I use with my Voodoo Labs GCP, should I be able to run from that to my interface and write the automation that way?

Been working on this, turns out I have like three 7 pin midi cables and the only 5 pin I have seems to be bad of course my interface (Scarlett 18i8 is 5 pin. Who just has three 7 pin midi cables just laying around and just one 5 pin that don’t work?I mean what am I doing with my life?

I think I am going to try midi tonight since my Scarlett has a midi jack.

For the other question about an expression pedal for writing automation, I have a Mission (EP1 I think) pedal that I use with my Voodoo Labs GCP, should I be able to run from that to my interface and write the automation that way?

Yes, as long as your pedals ultimately send MIDI to the DAW it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom