Is anyone postponing recording until 10.00?

james...

Experienced
I am....and it's making me crazy!

I've got a solo album that's 80% of the way done right now. Set to release in March and it just needs guitar tracking done. But I am being a good soldier and awaiting the 10.00 to grace my songs!

Anyone in the same boat?

No... track away... reamp if desired... if nothing else, it will add dimension with slightly different tones...

The day I wait on gear to make music is the day I should stop altogether. When it's time to make music you use what you have and you make the best music you can........the gear comes in a very distant third place in importance to good songs and a good performance. If you have a good song and you play it well no one will care (including you) if you're using FW9 or FW10 or a Fender combo with some pedals or whatever else you might have around. The process is about making music, not using gear.

I'm waiting too, plus I need Axe Edit to work so I can easily work with the cab ir's.
I'll probably split my signal and record the DI track so I can reamp it when 10/AE2 drops.

What will you do if 10.0's eventual release date turns out to be 2+ months from now?

I've been holding off on getting a custom pedal board made. I use 2 expression pedals now, and I may (or may not!) find two more useful. It will take me a few months to work that out. Do I wait and continue to carry everything piece-meal (and without protection) or do I jump in and build based on what I know?

Difficult questions.

Terry.

I'm kind of waiting for Axe-edit. I see myself making all these crazy presets when axe-edit makes things easier. It's no excuse, I know :(

Im not using axefx2 less as far as playing but the writing and editing patches has slowed way down without Axe edit. I cant see very well and that little screen is a pain. The view on the Axe edit made things very easy to edit but i did learn alot about the front panel which is very important for me because when i play out live i won't be bringing. A laptop with me because all my patches will be set.

It really comes down to laziness, but I'm not even scheduling gigs until the Edit comes out. I only check the site every couple of months or so, but I did and upgraded to 9.02 before I realized that it requires a pending AE update. I'm sure I could roll back, but I'm not sure what that would do to my presets. The changes from the new version require some heavy tweaking of my 70+ presets, since I haven't been updating each new version (I think this last jump was from 8.15). I'm also really interested in Scenes (I've been doing the same type of thing by attaching all X/Y CCs to Amp1XY and using that - along with the mixer block and an expression pedal to get more out of a single preset), but my back (and the heads and bodies of my guitars) can't take bending down to the rack to adjust that way. I got excited when I read that someone said they heard it would be "any time now" a couple of weeks ago. Then I read the official release thread and saw that "any time now" was written at the beginning of November. I've got plenty to keep me busy, but if another week goes by and it hasn't been released, I'll probably pull the rack apart and get it on the studio desk to start tweaking the hard way (in my opinion).

This question comes up every time we have an update coming... which is always. Track now and re-amp later. There will never be anything you record where you won't wish you could have done it differently. Make it sound awesome, track it, print it. That is the most difficult process in music for most people.

This question comes up every time we have an update coming... which is always. Track now and re-amp later. There will never be anything you record where you won't wish you could have done it differently. Make it sound awesome, track it, print it. That is the most difficult process in music for most people.

I've avoided adopting reamping for this very reason.

Yet another decision post poned. And you have more and more and more and more to deal with in the mix and post. DAWs are natural rabbit holes :)

Richard

yes i am ......I have to record the final 3 tracks of our cd with the band My Propane and I am doubting of postponing it....hahahaha......or maybe recording it with the reamping signal saved also.....

But what if you wait and record your masterpiece with FW10 and then FW11 comes out a few months later? Your masterpiece will suddenly be lame. : (

The only reasonable thing for you guys to do is get out of music altogether..............new, better gear will always be coming out.........there will never be a good time to make that solo album a reality I'm afraid, not when a new firmware could be right around the corner..........and a new firmware will indeed ALWAYS be right around the corner. Who needs that frustration? It's impossible to make music without having gear that isn't available yet and it always will be, so just stop now and save yourself the headache.

Back
Top Bottom