Is any one eles using red bear pickas from this Forum?

markmusicman

Experienced
Is any one eles using red bear picks in this forum?

I have been using the red bear picks for going on three years and absolutely love them. Just wondering if there are any other Red Bear pick users here?

Last edited:
They sell them as fast as they make them, there are three picks that I love that they make although they are all good. I like their number 9, their Big Jazzer plus heavy or XH, and their classic plus. Check out their site if you get a chance. The picks are $25.00 dollars but I actually still have the first one I ever purchased from them three years ago.

I use them and really like them. I was hooked on Vinni Smith's V-Picks and got used to the extra thickness. I contacted Red Bear and asked for a custom pick as thick as could be made. It took a couple of trials to get the point as sharp as I wanted. But, I LOVE the tone and the effortless manner it glides over the strings. I'd have to check the invoices, but I think I've had it for almost 4 years now ? It's as solid as the day it arrived !

I have a Wegens I use for playing acoustic. I only use my Red Bear for my Electric guitar playing. I end up touching the pick up about once a month with a file making sure the tip stays nice and sharp and the bevel is perfect.

i was using red bear picks for the last few years and then i tried a blue chip. game over :)

I am using a Blue Chip right now actually. I still love the Red Bear though, I have noticed for me personally I prefer the black onyx over the turtle shell color as I feel it sticks to my fingers better. You must have liked the Red Bear if you used it for two years.

All these pick discussions made me try something other than my normal pickboys... Stainless steel, coins, cymbals, vpicks, bluechip, black diamond. Red bear didn't make the list since heard pick slides tore them up hard core. Everyone has there own preferences, these are my experiences.

Vpicks are not my thing, some funky harmonic sound and pick slides tear up... Some are so/so but would not buy more

I like metal picks (rips your strings up) the ss ones are great, cymbals for some stuff good rounded chord sound but no fast stuff... To thick and heavy. Coins... They are amusing to have but there are only two i have where the tip feels right to actually use.

Black diamond, love the feel but so weak sounding on unwound strings... I will be getting a beveled one to try. It just feels like glass on the stings and I want to like but will be what will be.

Blue chip... I use the most, great all around. Pick slides do some damage but far less than any non metal pick that seems to disentigrate. Verdict is outstanding on durability for me yet but think I can get more use than zillions of $1 picks... Like the sound, the feel, except once in a blue moon they get really slippery for a few seconds... Oddest thing but at this point would get another.

Its great to see what other payers like to use for their pick. The different styles of playing lead to a different pick. Sorry or the typo in the heading I couldn't figure out how to correct. it. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't let me. I don't perform many pick slides but I bet that would eat up a pick. I've wondered about those picks made of tusks but I haven't tried one yet. I might buy the necklace though it looks very cool.

I brought up the pick thing a while ago. It was very interesting to see all of the different picks other players were using and why. I find I may ever be a one pick guy, because I use a few different picks on different songs. After trying a bazillion picks, I have settled in on Gravity Picks as my main go to picks. I like the Striker 3mm standard and big mini 3mm. I also use a V-Pick Tradition 4.0 and Wegen Twins 3.0, depending on the song. As a player, it is great to have so many excellent picks to use depending on what tones and playing feel I need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom