Is a tablet touchscreen a good editor without kb/mouse?

I've done searches and found a few users using a Surface etc... but is this a true viable option for editing with just a touchscreen? I'm considering a Surface Pro to use without a keyboard/mouse as a head to edit presets.

Thanks for any input.

I dont see why not, there aren't really any mega precise things to do in AxeEdit - only issue I foresee is connecting blocks? Those are the smallest UI elements I can think of

I had a Surface a few years ago and tried Axe-Edit with it. Didn't like the Surface at all. Horrible for editing. Got rid of the Surface.

everyone has their own experiece on these stuff but i had/have tablets, touch screen/monitors (slate raven etc).

the goal, promise with these controllers is that you get a tactile feeling/workflow as if you have the hardware unit, mixing board, console infront of you....unfortunately never worked and felt that way for me.

But controllers with hardware/real knobs is much much better than both mouse and touch screens.

I've done searches and found a few users using a Surface etc... but is this a true viable option for editing with just a touchscreen? I'm considering a Surface Pro to use without a keyboard/mouse as a head to edit presets.

Thanks for any input.
I use both a M1 MacBook and Windows 2-1 laptop. I do not use the trackpad on the widows 2-1 laptop the touchscreen works just fine. I use the laptop folded over with the screen sitting in front on top of the Axe Fx. It is great for quick edits during a gig.
The only advantage to the M1 MacBook is the battery lasts forever.
Also I would recommend a 14 inch LG Gram 2-1 over a Surface for a Windows portable.

Back
Top Bottom