Is a shimmer reverb possible?

Eruerable

Wondering if anyone who has their hands on the FX8 has been able to dial a nice smooth shimmer reverb, not just a shifted delay/crystals?

Back when I had an Axe the best results were from running a multidelay or pitch block for the shifts, a filter and then a reverb, all full wet, in series, parallel with the main signal path. It doesn't look like we can make those parallel series of effects in the FX8, has anyone managed to get something in the vein of BlueSky/Seraphic/LiquidAmbience?

It is possible to run those effects in series as a parallel path in the FX8. To wit:

Is this what you had in mind?

Last edited:
It is possible to run those effects in series as a parallel path in the FX8. To wit:

Is this what you had in mind?

Awesome! Yeah that's just what I'm after, was that done with the FX8? Any chance you could post a screengrab from the edit software of how that was laid out?

Stupid question of the day: Would you consider Edge's shimmer a shimmer reverb or a pitch-shifted/crystals kind of thing?

I don't particularly listen to U2 but from memory I think things like Beautiful Day sound more like 'crystals' to me

I'm not sure shimmer is used in BD--though it might be at the end. The signature tune for that sound is (of course) With Or Without You. Anyway...thanks for your reply. It may be more crystal than shimmer-verb. I have a hard time distinguishing between them sometimes.

If you have your old presets with the block you like on your computer you can just run it through Al Grenadine's converter program.

Back
Top Bottom