Is a 6 space shock rack overkill? what racks are you guys using?

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think splitting up my rig is going to be necessary. Two 3 space racks, one containing the axe and a furman. The other containing a poweramp, two wireless units, and a furman.

Furmans in both is redundant, but I'd like everything to be sure protected. Plus, I could use the wireless rack with my current tube amp setup, and integrate the axe as I see fit.

Right now, I have a Matrix Q12a, so a poweramp isn't even in the equation. But I suppose i could put a GT800FX in the axe rack, and then plug both into the furman.

All the replies have got me thinking, thanks everyone! Now I'll just have to decide if I want to get them shock mounted or not. I'm thinking I might, just to be safe.

I am guessing most will think my 16u rack is way overkill. I love the way it looks on stage. I grew up in the 80's! I can't help myself. Seriously, I was using a 6 space and did not like the way it looked on stage sitting on top of a keyboard stand.

View attachment 17147

Love that board; is it brady cases? I was actually thinking about getting two bradycases boards- one for just my MFC and one for my expression pedals. Then I could put a mic stand in between them for some of our more cramped stages.

If brady cases, what's the dimension? I need room for the MFC + two FV500L's + two mission EP-1's, so I'm not sure what the dimensions would be. I know I'll be using a depth of 12.5, a la the pedaltrain 2.

Back
Top Bottom