Is 9.04 The Last Firmware For The Axe-Fx II?

That post was in a thread about UI bells and whistles, not Ares modelling. My question was whether those were not ever implemented, and we haven't seen any progress in Axe 2 UI at all, because of Axe 2 hardware limitations.
Fair enough. It’s about the UI. Other things, such as the Tri-Chorus, are neither UI nor Ares. There is insufficient information to say which of those things will or will not be ported.

What he said - Those are not Hardware limitations, and it would be possible to have them, but no updates for Axe 2 will happen, because working on Axe 2 is too much work with no financial benefit. I agree, and I fully support that.
I believe that includes Tri-Chorus, because the same financial logic applies to ANY work done for Axe 2, not just UI stuff, which supports my third speculation.
The same logic applies to any porting of anything from the III. But we’ve been explicitly told that some of it will be ported. So again, there is insufficient information to support the statement that nothing else will be ported.

However, he did say he'll port some Ares stuff . That's the only thing he said he'd be porting. He did not say anything about porting anything else.
Nor did he say anything about not porting anything else. Speculation is all well and good. But when presented as fact... that’s how rumors get started.

And yes, Ares is Axe III amp modeling.

Fair enough. It’s about the UI. Other things, such as the Tri-Chorus, are neither UI nor Ares. There is insufficient information to say which of those things will or will not be ported.

5e same logic applies to any porting of anything from the III. But we’ve been explicitly told that some of it will be ported. So again, there is insufficient information to support the statement that nothing else will be ported.

Nor did he say anything about not porting anything else. Speculation is all well and good. But when presented as fact... that’s how rumors get started.

And yes, Ares is Axe III amp modeling.
Ok. Makes sense.
I stand corrected.

Reactions: Rex
"I finished porting some of the Ares stuff to the II yesterday" doesn't mean "It'll be on your doorstep in a day or two." It just means that some of the work has been done. Give it time. :)

Wasn't thinking that at all. I been here long enough to know things take time and some get mentioned that never happen.
If it happens, awesome, if not that's life. It would be nice instead of letting these threads go on and on if Cliff would give people an update.

Wasn't thinking that at all. I been here long enough to know things take time and some get mentioned that never happen.
If it happens, awesome, if not that's life. It would be nice instead of letting these threads go on and on if Cliff would give people an update.

Just maybe, perhaps FAS doesn’t really know how much they can support the two yet.

I’m being completely serious.

Lord only knows what’s going on with the three with its new product release and all the bug fixes that have to go into that. The release has been really slow. I guess I’ve never seen anything quite like it. But I trust that they’ll get it all sorted out though. I have a March 1 confirmation. Maybe by Christmas?

Just maybe, perhaps FAS doesn’t really know how much they can support the two yet.

I’m being completely serious.

Lord only knows what’s going on with the three with its new product release and all the bug fixes that have to go into that. The release has been really slow. I guess I’ve never seen anything quite like it. But I trust that they’ll get it all sorted out though. I have a March 1 confirmation. Maybe by Christmas?

This. The simplest explanation is usually correct. They're busy rolling out a new product.

This is what happens when you're riding shotgun on actual innovation, not BS cell phone software shenanigans.

Back
Top Bottom