Is 6.0 supposed to be out today?

Is the AxeChange going to be part of the Axe-Edit? I seem to remember something like that. Or is it going to be a separate announcement at a later date?

Days or even weeks more would not be life altering. I know we all get excited guys and we are like kids in a candy store but let's not lose sight that there is just a handful of guys no doubt working ridiculous hours (often neglecting their own and family’s needs) to bring us…..

…. a FREE upgrade.

Don’t burn yourselves out guys! We appreciate all you do for us and if it takes a tad longer to get it right then you do just that!

I just found a copy of the Encyclopaedia Galactica from 100 years in the future which fell through a time warp. Under the entry for Axe Fx II it says : " The V6.0 Firmware upgrade for the Axe Fx II was released on April 28th , 2012".
So there you go you can all stop worrying now.

Oh no, whatafooliam! It's today every day! It could be forever and still be today. There is only one thing to do, and that's to do the right thing: listen to this and chill out:

(I'm not a fan of the lyrics but god damn this song makes me feel cool)

cobbler said:
Days or even weeks more would not be life altering. I know we all get excited guys and we are like kids in a candy store but let's not lose sight that there is just a handful of guys no doubt working ridiculous hours (often neglecting their own and family's needs) to bring us.....

.... a FREE upgrade.

Don't burn yourselves out guys! We appreciate all you do for us and if it takes a tad longer to get it right then you do just that!

+1

Thanks for free updates Cliff!
I know many companies that would suck us dry with ridiculous prices!

I have a rehearsal thursday... unfortunately I have a feeling it won't be released until then. I hope I'm wrong

I believe Cliff hopes to have today (24th) I will be back at 9-10pm in Scotland, because that is 5pm ish at Fractal HQ. There is no rush.

I'm taking it easy mate really no rush as my unit sounds awesome now TBH.
Can you imagine sharing pandemonium after annoncement and all questions like "why it doesn't or does sound this way" haha man I would shut this forum for a week!:D people who had their previous updates no bother will suddenly notice update problems and what not.
But most will benefit from it IMO and I'm just curious how close it will sound now KPA sounds nearly identical.

I'm taking it easy mate really no rush as my unit sounds awesome now TBH.
But most will benefit from it and I'm just curious how close it will sound now KPA sounds nearly identical.

I'd like to try one sometime. I look forward to knowing how they compare after 6.0, might get along to guitarguitar to give it a shot.

I have a rehearsal thursday... unfortunately I have a feeling it won't be released until then. I hope I'm wrong

I have rehearsal today and wiped out all patches yesterday in anticipation of 6.0, to put the new modeling through its paces.
Ugh, I guess it's backup restore time if I don't want my bandmates kick me in the butt :lol

Yes, damn Axe-Edit... never got a good sound out of it anyway :razz

I have rehearsal today and wiped out all patches yesterday in anticipation of 6.0, to put the new modeling through its paces.
I think it's a mistake to ever render yourself unable to play in anticipation of something being released. Most common is people selling off a piece of gear that's essential to their rig in order to buy the new as yet unreleased thing based on an announced shipping or release date. I always suggest waiting until the thing comes out and see how it's working for others before doing something that may prevent you from being able to gig.

Back
Top Bottom