IR's WANTED!!!!!

You guys are gonna have so many impulses you won't know what to do with them all. I've assembled 100's of IR's from the web and my own measurements and I will be supplying them in sysex format along with the new firmware. There's literally at least 100 mesa/engl/splawn/etc. 4x12 IR's in there so there's bound to be something for you metalheads.

FractalAudio said:
You guys are gonna have so many impulses you won't know what to do with them all. I've assembled 100's of IR's from the web and my own measurements and I will be supplying them in sysex format along with the new firmware. There's literally at least 100 mesa/engl/splawn/etc. 4x12 IR's in there so there's bound to be something for you metalheads.

Simply unbelievable....

Thanks Cliff!
D

FractalAudio said:
Woot :lol:

FractalAudio said:
Picking up my jaw from the floor...

When???

FractalAudio said:

How many empty spots to place them? :roll:

FractalAudio said:

Jaw-dropping indeed!! :eek:
When??! :)

...and niebla is right, with those possibilities (1024 pt. IR option; "100's or IR's" supplied) at our hands it would be more than nice to have more user IR slots.

...at least for the Ultra :p

One request: in adding to factory IRs and upgrading them to 1024 points, please don't do away with the user IR capability. Some of us will always want to roll our own. :D

The user IR's will still be there. I'll try to increase the number of user slots but memory is limited.

The IR's that I'll be distributing will be specifically for the user slots. I'm changing the protocol very slightly. Instead of setting the desired user slot in the sysex file, you instead select the user slot in the cabinet and then send the sysex file. It will then be stored in that location.

Very cool news all-around! Thank you Cliff and Lars for continuing to add such awesome tone-shaping and ease-of-use features to this kit!

One request... allow global amp settings and custom IRs to optionally be included in a patch dump?
Global amp settings copied to the patch as a normal amp.
With all the new IRs, I imagine many user patches will be including customs in the wake of 6.0's release.

I should probably go give the Wish List section a visit....

FractalAudio said:
The IR's that I'll be distributing will be specifically for the user slots. I'm changing the protocol very slightly. Instead of setting the desired user slot in the sysex file, you instead select the user slot in the cabinet and then send the sysex file. It will then be stored in that location.

that´s really a good idea :D

FractalAudio said:
This is very cool....can't wait. Is there a way to have it update the cab right away when storing it? Currently, I have to switch to a different cab and back again to get it to actually use the new IR. Might make auditioning cabs a bit quicker.

FractalAudio said:
batch processing welcome! :lol:
If it's possible to get the .wav archive somwhere too.

scarr said:
JoshuaLogan said:
other than clawfinger's, I'd like to see some good cab IR's for metal included
Because Clawfinger's aren't very metal-friendly? :surprised:

People, requesting things isn't terribly useful, although I understand the desire to do it. (I think the desire for a couple additional bass cabs has been made clear.) Cliff needs actual IR's in .wav format that he would be allowed to put into the box. That means you either need to be able to provide a link of some kind showing that they're in the public domain, or you need to make them yourselves. As demonstrated in another thread, IR's in the public domain aren't really product differentiators, so they'd be less desirable than originals.

No, I didn't mean that Clawfinger's weren't good, just that there are a bunch of other good ones out there too that I have. Guitarhack and a few other users on the andy sneap forum... for example, the "engl higher presence" IR is a popular one, although I forget who originally made it...

And I wasn't just randomly suggesting things. I have a bunch of IR's and would have sent them... just wasn't sure about permission from the creators and such, but it looks like Cliff already gathered a bunch anyways.

AlbertA said:
JoshuaLogan said:
other than clawfinger's, I'd like to see some good cab IR's for metal included.... possibly some of guitarhack's and a few random ones from the sneap forum. I have a ton. I'm assuming permission would have to be asked from the creators though.

I'd also like to see one or two of the Ampeg SVT IR's everyone's using for bass included.

I can try to work out asking the creators' permission for some of these and also send the files wherever they need to be... just let me know.

Ugh not from guitarhacks...

What's wrong with the guitarhack impulses? I'm pretty sure the pigweed stuff mortega posts that everyone's been loving were all done with a guitar hack mesa 4x12 IR... same one that Tymon from Cynic used when he posted some of his clips...

godprobe said:
Very cool news all-around! Thank you Cliff and Lars for continuing to add such awesome tone-shaping and ease-of-use features to this kit!

One request... allow global amp settings and custom IRs to optionally be included in a patch dump?
Global amp settings copied to the patch as a normal amp.
With all the new IRs, I imagine many user patches will be including customs in the wake of 6.0's release.

I should probably go give the Wish List section a visit....

+1

FractalAudio said:
You guys are gonna have so many impulses you won't know what to do with them all.

You're right, I don't even know what to do with all the cabs we have already :lol:

Very awesome and can't wait. I'm thrilled about being able to easily use 1024 IRs (quality before quantity). +1 on the idea to somehow link IRs to patches in a patch dump (no idea if thats possible)

JoshuaLogan said:
AlbertA said:
JoshuaLogan said:
other than clawfinger's, I'd like to see some good cab IR's for metal included.... possibly some of guitarhack's and a few random ones from the sneap forum. I have a ton. I'm assuming permission would have to be asked from the creators though.

I'd also like to see one or two of the Ampeg SVT IR's everyone's using for bass included.

I can try to work out asking the creators' permission for some of these and also send the files wherever they need to be... just let me know.

Ugh not from guitarhacks...

What's wrong with the guitarhack impulses? I'm pretty sure the pigweed stuff mortega posts that everyone's been loving were all done with a guitar hack mesa 4x12 IR... same one that Tymon from Cynic used when he posted some of his clips...

Most of them are crap. Either way too short or plagued with issues (combing, taken on a less than desirable acoustic space etc). The noise ratio is 500:1 :lol:

AlbertA said:
JoshuaLogan said:

Most of them are crap. Either way too short or plagued with issues (combing, taken on a less than desirable acoustic space etc). The noise ratio is 500:1 :lol:

The noise is probably from the guitar amps. I managed to receive French, Russian and some unknown radio when I cranked the borrowed 5150. Interesting sound and I recorded a couple of minutes for my noise library. ;)

Back
Top Bottom