Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

No, you´re wrong! It is perfect!! f***ing awesome job!
Appreciate your kind words, but I have to dissagree ;)

Of course in terms of covering it's pretty decent... but I'm a sick f***ing freak when it comes to trying to replicate tones and playing style of my favourite artists (and Maiden duo is most certainly among them). The tone isn't perfect, for rhythm parts there is way too many delay/reverb, because I have made an uniform Somewhere in Time preset. Not to mention gear differences - originally it was played on DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion pickups, they have way more low end than my DiMarzio DP218 Super Distortion S pickups. But not for long - I've just bought on ebay old vintage DiMarzio DP100/DP103 set made in the early 80s (they sound distinctly different than modern production), so I hope my axe will sound much better pretty soon... just have to find an appropriate single coil pickup and make the upgrade.

Besides - I'm not even dreaming of achieving so much freedom of playing riffs like Dave, so there always be a distinct difference between original recordings and my covers ;) Still much to learn for me, I play guitar barely 4 years (played some time in the past, but it was something like 20 years ago, so it really doesn't count). I've decided to dedicate to guitar playing way too late... you know - at the age of 46 joints in my fingers are not as flexible as 20 or 30 years ago. And they never will be :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom