Iron Maiden vocalist in a dogfight @ Sonisphere

Jiffzillla

Experienced
Ok, I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan, so I may be a bit biased. But this is just plain cool! Bruce Dickinson flew a WWI replica tri-plane in a mock dogfight high above the Sonisphere crowd on Saturday afternoon prior to Maiden hitting the stage. Not your average metal gig to say the least! LOL Any of our UK Fractal family catch this show? Wish I could've been there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwyLlNj5HyM

I was there. Saw the dogfight, was pretty awesome. It was great weather for it and certainly something unique for a metal festival. Maiden rocked it too, they put on a great show.
Metallica last night though were pretty amazing too. The sound was so tight I could actually hear Rob's bass for once and the Fractals were spot on!!
Great show, great weekend and what made it even sweeter was my XL turned up just as I was leaving to the gig so now I have a day to play :eagerness:

Ok now that has to go down as the coolest thing any metal singer has ever done! I love Bruce but that is just blowing my mind. LOL. The only thing cooler would be if Maiden took the stage and played Aces High while Bruce was wired up for sound...."Rolling, Turning,Diving....Rolling , turning , diving. Doing it again!"

Ok now that has to go down as the coolest thing any metal singer has ever done! I love Bruce but that is just blowing my mind. LOL. The only thing cooler would be if Maiden took the stage and played Aces High while Bruce was wired up for sound...."Rolling, Turning,Diving....Rolling , turning , diving. Doing it again!"

Totally agree, Tonemeister! The dogfight lasted about 10 minutes, so "Aces High" wouldn't have quite covered the time. But if they also did "Tailgunner", they'd be golden! LOL The only issue would've been that both of those songs are about WWII. But I'd willing to overlook that fact in the name of badassery. LOL

The ironic thing is that Bruce, being British, was actually flying a replica of the Red Baron's plane...a German aircraft. Go figure. LOL

Well at least in the movie anyway he was a respectable person at least! But doooooooo, N. Chamberlin and W. Churchill might de knight him!

Back
Top Bottom