Iron Maiden - The Trooper

cdub

Inspired
One of my favorite bands which is a little ironic since I was afraid of them when I was a little kid. Using the Brit Pre amp block. The XL patch is attached. I used scene1 for the rhythm & scene2 for the lead. I did add some compression in reaper - the distorted guitar preset to be exact. The tone is not an exact match, but in the ballpark.

Attachments

• Maiden - Trooper.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 47
Nice playing man!!! Some constructive criticism for your lesson if you are intending a perfect mirror of the original, your bends on 00:22 arent the same as the original and the hammer on/pull off section is a little different too. Everything else is pretty superb :D (Oh yeah, adrian is always bridge pickup and dave neck pickup on solos just in case) Sorry, i am themaidenmaniac after all :D

Nice playing man!!! Some constructive criticism for your lesson if you are intending a perfect mirror of the original, your bends on 00:22 arent the same as the original and the hammer on/pull off section is a little different too. Everything else is pretty superb :D (Oh yeah, adrian is always bridge pickup and dave neck pickup on solos just in case) Sorry, i am themaidenmaniac after all :D
Thanks for the feedback. It's unlikely my solos are 100% true to the original. I play through it slow so others can take from it whatever they choose. On The Trooper it sure sounds like Adrian's solo is using the neck pickup & Dave's is using the bridge. Maybe my ears are deceiving me?

No worries, loved the vid :) Adrian always goes with the bridge pickup almost extensively as does Dave with the neck and it's deffo true for this as well as far as i know (and live).

Back
Top Bottom